Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zolti103

B&R cp260 program upload?

5 posts in this topic

Hello, i have a B&R cp260 CPU my software and cable is working perfectly as PLC online and program downloading is carried out successfully, i wants to upload the machine software from CPU having a program on its PCMCIA CARD, i use upload command in PVI transfer tool it ask for 'module' name i enter the name from the module list which i got from the function of PVI tool, it start uploading but stops on error 'module identification failed', is there any way to backup complete memory card on computer through B&R CPU. for uploading without B&R CPU i insert that card into PCMCIA slot of LAPTOP it got detected by windows but i dont get drivers for that card plz tell me the solution Many thanks in ADVANCE

B&R is not a Modicon product, so you will get more more responses possibly in the Other PLCs forum. I have moved this thread for you.

Hello Zolti103, As far I know the only upload possible on B&R plcs are the hardware upload, but never any software upload. I do think the same is applied on PCMCIA cards. Once I performed a sucessfull backup of a Compact Flash card (CF) using a PC and inserting this card in a USB card reader, but all the info inside was compiled, so any change is possible unless you have the source code.

i successfully upload all the files from PLC 1st i get the module list and then use upload command one by one for all file names, but it consumes a lot of time, is there any way to upload all the files from PLC using single command or is there any special word to be put in module name of upload command to get all files in a single attempt. what could be the maximum of approach of diagnose mode of B&R, is all programs of B&R could only in C language or it can it support STL,LAD or FBD like other softwares, i have AUtomation studio AS 3.0.71 regards

Hello. You can used more programm languages (C,ST,SCF,FBD.....). My question about upload. You want only to make a backup of the FLASH card or do you also want to upload a project from the PLC. It is not possible to upload a project source code.There are only br modules. Old systems which has been programmed in old system(Not in AS) has this possibilities but now it is not possible. Normally if you have a normal CF card you can make an image of this card and then if something crashed you can create a new CF. Problem is that you have old PLC which has some PCMCI card. I think that you can try to call to BR support they have a good support possibilities and they will give you an answer and they can help you.