Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nicolas

Omron CJ2 to Yaskawa VFD Ethernet IP

8 posts in this topic

I am trying to connect a Yaskawa A1000 VFD to an Omron CJ2 EIP PLC. I can browse to the VFD webpage just fine. When trying to create a CIP connection with the Omron Configurator, I selected the 101-151 Assembly (8 Bytes IN/OUT), I do not get a solid green on the VFD NS light, hence no CIP connection. RPI is set to 50ms. Do I need to edit the EDS file or change a setting in the VFD ? I am attaching the EDS file in question. AU2A0004_UTC000280__v1.02.zip

Nicolas I have successfully supported an Omron distributor who was able to get a V1000 to talk Ethernet/IP to a CJ2, although CJ1 would work just the same. The distributor determined, working with Yaskawa, that the firmware version that he had in the Ethernet/IP module for the V1000 (part number SI-EN3/V) had a bug, and needed to be upgraded. He started with firmware 220. That did not work. He got a firmware 221 unit, and that worked just fine. He used the same .eds file that you have.

Thanks for the reply. I do have the 221 firmware unit, and also using a CJ2 PLC. Still no luck with Yaskawa support. I guess the only difference between my set-up and yours is that I am using the SI-EN3/V on a A1000 VFD.

Nicolas Can you identify the error codes using the Network Configurator for Ethernet/IP? Do this by right clicking on the CJ2 and selecting Monitor. Move across the tabs until you find the one with the error code. Can you post your project from the same software?

Solution to this issue was to change the product code of the VFD in the EDS file. I was using an Asian issued prototype that didn't have an EDS file. The product code listed in the EDS file must match the one in the VFD. Per Yaskawa: "The product codes for AA#A#### drives (YEC A1000) are 0x8F## and for the AU#A#### drives (YEA A1000) the product codes are 0x90##. Where ## is the model number of the drive as shown in parameter o2-04. Drive AA2A0004 has o2-04 = 62, so the product code is 0x8F62. For the YEA version the product code would be 0x9062." Nicolas

Thank you for the follow up reply! Not everyone is as thoughtful. Were you able to use the tool in the Network Configurator for EtherNet/IP to upload the Identity Object and compare to the .eds file? Edited by PMCR

I tried that and the explicit message tool in the Network Configurator and none of them worked on the Yaskawa VFD. These tools work with a Wago unit though.

Very interesting. I have the WAGO hardware (750-341), as well as some other hardware, but I do not have a Yaskawa inverter with EIP. I would expect any EtherNet/IP compliant module to respond to Identity Object Get Attribute commands.