Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rquirch

CJ1W-CORT21 Bus Power Off?

9 posts in this topic

Hello guys, I have run trough the configuration of buffer, mem areas, start can bit etc etc... however, whenvever i start CAN comms the unit goes into Flashing 0.2 and err turns on... i wired a 24v input and no fix. i also have a can to usb adapter wired into the bus and i can see data coming in. the unit im trying to read data from is a can open gen controller and it does not required a powered bus? it only has terminations for pins 2, 3 and 7.. (High, Low and ground) suggestions? comments? could this be a configuration error? i get successful "0000" responses on commands 2902, 2903, 2905 and 2909. Thanks in advance.

The manual says: The C200HW-CORT21 requires external power for the transceiver and optocouplers. Therefore 24V DC ± 10% must be connected to pin 1 and 5. I'd sure give it a try!

cool, i already have a 24v + dc output wired into pin 5, the CAN ground is going into pin 1, CAN low into pin 2 and CAN high into pin 4, no shield... you're saying to wire 24v - into pin 1?

Didi you remember the Bus terminators at EACH end of the network???

yeah, i have 120ohm on both ends... wired up as follows: Gen Controler (120 ohm) ----- PLC ----- Usb-2-Can adapter (120ohm)

I usually do connect the CORT21 this way: CAN: CAN_GND to pin 1 CAN_L to pin 2 CAN_H to pin 4 External power supply: 0V (GND) to pin 1 +24V DC to pin 5 This configuration works for me So, in answer to your question: yes, pin 1 should be connected to both CAN_GND and the GND of the external power supply

Baudrate? Did you set the Baudrate correctly? error 02 means Bus off. The CAN-controller decided that it can't communicate on the network because of to many error-frames. So it switches to Bus off Commonly this is or termination or baudrate or a bad network. Obviously your unit is powered as you don't get an 01 error. BTW. There are some FB's at myomron.com to make configuration easier. For the rest this a nifty unit. Very easy to use and very versatile. Regards, René.

i forgot to post up a response to this issue... it ended up being a combination of stupid little things i missed, had the power leads backwards and a baudrate setting on a node was wrong. Thanks to all guys. great info!

Thanks for the response but I told you so, first get your network sorted and CAn will run forever. Cort21 is rock-solid. Regards, René.