Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sbaum

Omron USB Driver

8 posts in this topic

I've installed CX-One ( latest with all updates ) on a laptop that is running Windows XP Pro 64bit. The USB driver that ships with CX One does not work. Omron Canada tech support says that there is no USB driver available for a 64bit system. Has any one else run into this? Are there any work-arounds? or do I need to downgrade to 32bit?

You will need to downgrade to 32 bit OS. I don't believe there is any 'compatibility mode' that can support the 32 bit drivers in a 64 bit OS. I would love somebody to prove me wrong!

You can also load your program through a serial port. If your laptop doesn't have one, a cheap usb to serial adapter (make sure 64bit drivers are available) will work. If you're plc has ethernet, then that will also work. If you want to use USB, then a 32bit operating system is a must afaik.

CX-One requirements. CX_One__Sist.Operat_.pdf

I will be installing a 32-bit OS. Has anyone tried running CX-One on XP Pro 32bit in Virtual Box (or VM Ware) within Vista Ultimate x64? This is what IT is advising me to do. They say it should work.

Thats what they always say, until it doesn't, then what do they do??

I don't think a virtual machine is going to help. The 'outer' OS (64 bit) is what uses the driver. The 'inner' OS has access to the port, but does not use the driver.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit laptop, got CX-Programmer, CX Integrator, and CX Designer all working using a new 64 bit chipset serial adapter and 64bit drivers. This is working as com4. Still haven't been able to get USB direct to device ( CX-Designer & NE1A Safety Controller ) working yet. Still working on these 2. No Virtual Machine running or available on Home Premium. Edited by dococ