Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lostcontrol

Weird Error when editing ST Online

7 posts in this topic

Hello, I was doing some edits to a ST section of a CJ1 recently, and got this error? There was nothing untoward, and everything continued as I expected, was just an odd error thats all. Anyone seen anything like this before??

I've seen it before. It usually happens when someone else is connected to the PLC, and is busy with an online edit.

Really? Well, there was no on else connected to this PLC or doing online edits. But, there is a local touchscreen & scada communicating with the PLC, perhaps this caused it?

ST? Pooohhh1

Now now Bob, everything has it's uses... Too many famous Red's?

I can think of very few good uses for ST except complex maths, also FB - absolute pain in the 'A'. Good red wine is to be appreciated - the French and Yanks generally do noy like our Ozzie - they are 'too big'. Task great though.

Thats what we use ST for, just makes developing formulas and placing in the PLC easy. Even simple decimal -> float and reverse conversions I do these days, ie Integer_01 := Real_to_Int(Real_01 * 10.0); Obviously, it does sometimes get more complex than this, but the good thing, is that a lot more of the simple stuff (especially math) can be seen a lot easier, rather than looking at a multitude of instructions. Comes down to preference/style I guess, same for FB's.