Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
don

PanelView Plus Japanese Text

2 posts in this topic

I am trying to add Japanese language support to a PanelView 600 Plus. After talking to Tech Support today, they referred me to several knowledgebase articles5. However, they all seem to be for Version 3 or 4, and don’t seem applicable to the multiple language support found in Version 5. I am using FactoryTalk ME 5.00.00 and 2711P-T6C20D. I have exported the file to xls, added translation to column h, and reimported. The language does switch, but doesn’t properly display the Japanese characters. I only get characters similar to rectangles. I downloaded msgothic.ttc as suggested in Knowledgebase article 27118 even though it doesn't appear to have anything to do with Japanese characters. My original application is in English using the Arial font and I would like to add Japanese language support. I think that it is a font issue since I get different characters (just not the right ones) when I switch languages on the PanelView application. I've previously worked on a Portuguese translation, but not one that requires a different character set. Thanks for any info on Japanese (or any other Asian language). Edited by don

I got the problem resolved with Rockwell Tech Support. I've attached a pdf with the procedure in it. PanelView_with_Japanese_Text_Help.pdf Edited by don