Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Camel

90-70 to Wonderware

4 posts in this topic

Here is what I am trying to do: I am trying to connect a CPX772 to wonderware through serial port 1 through GESNP (on the wonderware side). I have configured all places to setup the serial ports on the pc to match the configuration on the plc. I am able to connect to the plc with LM90, but I am unable to connect with GESNP. The cable pinout I am using is IC693CBL316A. It has a DB9 on the pc end and an RJ11 on the plc. Does anyone have any idea as to why this doesn't work? A little side note: I am not going to upgrade away from LM90, this system will not be there that long anyway. This system communicates TCP primary, this is for a backup in case of a network failure. Edited by Camel

I suggest that you verify the SNP ID, with wonderwhere you will need to use an SNP ID, LM90 does not need one. Also I think that each port on the 90-70 can be assigned its own ID. Are you using the RJ-11 or the 15pin-D port with LM90? Edited by RussB

I have entered an SNP ID for the cpu overall, I have not for each interface. If I do it for each interface, it will require a processor stop and download. I am using the RJ11.

Okay then, you know that the cable works and what the Baud, Parity, Stop bits are, if WanderWhere still is lost, I would bet that the SNP ID is wrong or missing in WanderWhere.