Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alpha roni

How to Create a tag in FactoryTalk View ME Studio?

3 posts in this topic

I'm new in HMI. Could somebody teach me on how to create (or import ?) tag in FT View Studio v5 from SLC 500 5/03 (using DH485)? I read the manual but couldn't get the clear information. I was confused in the difference of building communication, HMI tag, data source, data server, and assigning tag because there are a lot of ways to create tags . Could someone give the the tutorial on this? Thanx

I would recommend that you take a look at the Rockwell Automation Integrated Architecture Tools website. Specifically, take a look at the Getting Started with Equipment section, and review all the FactoryTalk View Machine Edition Quick Start Videos. Those videos will give you a great introduction into creating your first FactoryTalk View ME project. On a more advanced and technical note, I would avoid creating HMI tags unless completely necessary. With FactoryTalk View, we introduced the concept of direct reference tags, which allows you to browse the controller and link the object directly to the controller tag instead of having to create an HMI tag and then linking that back to a controller tag. There's much less overhead when using direct reference tags.

Some typical tag syntax are: {::[PLC]N13:20} {[PLC]B12/0} PLC is the shortcut as defined under the RSLinxEnterprise > Communications Setup tab at the bottom of the tree in the left hand pane of FT. Make sure to correctly define the Runtime Tatget and download the communications setup when you download the application. Hope this helps.