Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sebu

Intouch with OPC server

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I have some problems while getting datas from OPC server. I followed the same procedure that has been given in Help file. I am using Demo version of KepserverEx as OPC server.I have created a Topic name and Access name and created an Intouch tag. But when I go for Intouch runtime I have getting error cannot access the topic name with Access name. Also I get cannot start the application even though I have given the OPC name. Can I get a solution for this issue? Regards Sebastian C

Can you post some screen shots of your intouch access name & kepware configs?

Please find the attached Kepserver configurations Kepserver_OPC_config.ppt

Sebastian, typicaly people using KepserverEX with incouth use Suitelink to connect to it. In the server if you go to File|Project properties you should see a FastDDE/Suitlink tab. Make sure that it is enabled. You will see that the application name we provide for FastDDE/Suitelink is "server_runtime", that is what you will use in your access name. It is a local connections so you can leave the nodename blank. Once that is set then you need to be able to spcify a topic in the server we create a global topic of "_DDEDATA". If you use this topic you will have to use the fully qualified item name of each item in you Intouch tag name reference. i.e. <Channel Name>.<Device Name>.<Tag Name>. You can also create your own topics using the alias map. This is explained in detail in the server helpfile which is alwo the User manual. Fred Loveless Applications Manager Kepware Technologies http://www.kepware.com

Hi Fred, Thanks for the information. I am now able to connect Lab view with Intouch through Kepserver using FSGateway. I can pass Boolean Tags between Intouch and Labview. But if I configure analog tag using Kepserver the analog values are getting increment by itself. For example If I want to move some analog values of 50 from Labview to Kepserver to configured channel first instance it shows the correct values and then the value keeps on incrementing from 50 even though value still displayed in Labview is 50. Can I know from where the analog values keep on increasing? Thanks Sebastian C