Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
patb63

RSLinx Error Codes

3 posts in this topic

Can someone direct me to where I can find the Comm. error codes for RSLinx? Specifically, I'm getting the error code 01EO0204 from one of my processors at a remote site. Thanks, Pat

There is a technote at ab.com with an answer for this code (Answer ID 25276). If you have a techconnect contract, you can log in and view it there. If you can't access it, then I would be happy to paraphrase what it says. Paul EDIT: here's a nutshell version: The code means timeout. There are several possible causes. A. The processor is either not connected or shut down or the comm cables are damaged or disconnected. B. Using the AB_ETH driver in RSLinx through a VPN connection with a firewall, and packets aren't getting through the firewall. C. An intermediate device between the PC and the processor isn't passing the packets. Solutions include fixing the physical connection and ensuring the processor is powered on and disabling any firewalls between it and the PC running RSLinx or configure the firewall to accomodate RSLinx. Edited by OkiePC

Thanks Paul. I'll go check the tech note. I figured it was a timeout error of some sort, but couldn't figure out why we were only getting it intermittently on a system that's been running for quite a while. I'll have the people on site check the cabling again. They sometimes say they have when they really haven't. Sure wish there was a table of error codes from Rockwell to say what these errors are. Pat