Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
David D.

CitectScada (HMI version) OmFINS ethernet issue

4 posts in this topic

There is anybody have tried to communicate with two computer with CitectScada communicating with the same Omron CJ1 ethernet series? Actually, I'm able to connect with anyone of these computer with the PLC if the other one is not running. When I start the second Citect, I have erratic communication issue. Got unit not responding, unit offline, etc. Error message. I'm able to connect with OPC, CX-P or any other software I have in hand in same time as the Citect run. But no way to run two citect with the same CS1W-ETN21 communication card. Thanks for your help! David

For this to happen, it is assumed that both PC's are on the same network, which then leads me to ask the question, why not run the IOServer on 1x PC only, and point the 2nd PC to the IOServer on PC1. I have not used Citect, so am not sure if this is possible, this is the way WW & iFix do it. I have had similar issues however, and think it is to do with Ports etc. If you could set 1 PC to be UDP, and the other to FINS/TCP, then this may work, but is a bandaid to a larger problem, I think anyway.

I am trying to achieve something similar but do not think it is possible with the Citect HMI license which excludes networking. I think that it may be necessary to use a full Citect SCADA license. The configuration I tried used TCP/IP to network the two PC's with the 1st PC as the I/O Server connected to the PLC, the second computer was set up as a Display Client. In Citect.ini I added [DNS]primary=<ip address of 1st PC> I only have Citect HMI licenses available at this time and on startup of the Display Client, it appeared to connect to the required servers but then terminated with the message that a suitable license key could not be found. Iain

If you want to run Citect on 2 PCs you will require 2 licences. Alternatively Citect have Display Manager and Display Client available at a much cheaper price than a full licence.