Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alpha roni

[ASK] How to Connect SLC 5/03 to PanelView 1200?

7 posts in this topic

I want to connect SLC 500 5/03 (featured with DH485 and RS232) to PanelView 1200. I prefer to use DH485 for communicating to PanelView, because I will use RS232 only for occasional monitoring, programming, etc. What devices do I need to connect the system using DH485 port? Are there any configuration (handshaking, baud rate, etc) to do in PLC and/ or PanelView? Thanks in advance.

Please list the exact model number for the Panelview 1200

I'll second Carlton's note that you'll get a better answer if you can provide exact model number of the PV1200. The PV Manual http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/i...um014_-en-p.pdf on page 192 lists the connections for DH-485, DF-1 and RS-232 for standard PV's. The only PV1200 I know if is the 1200e and it featured RIO or DH+ options but not DH-485; hence the need for an exact model number.

So PV1200e doesn't support DH485? OMG Could you please tell me what the other tyoe or model of PanelView which supports DH485, and that is not so far from PV1200e (feature, cost, up-to-date)? Or where can I find the catalogue for all PanelView and their features?

Panelview Standard Terminals Panelview Standard Terminals Catalog Edited by b_carlton

Correct the old "E" Series Panelview 2711E does not support DH485, the newer Plus series 2711P does support DH485 and comes in a 1250 version. Any chance you mistook a 1250 plus for a 1200 "E"?

Yeah. May be I'll change to PV 1250, and it fully supports DH485, DH, and RS232. Thank you for all suggestions :)