Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jmalter

ASCII output - Micrologix 1100

4 posts in this topic

I'm trying to setup a MicroLogix 1100 PLC to Write ASCII strings out to a display. I'm not sure how to deal with control characters. The following is the format of the string: Format: <SOH>1<STX>65;reason ID number<ETX> Example: <SOH>1<STX>65;11<ETX> The value 11 is the only variable I need to change. <SOH> = Start of Header control code 01Hex <STX> = Start of Text control code 02Hex <ETX> = End of Text control code 03Hex Any suggestions? - Joe

You could use move isntructions and brute force data table manipluation to load ST9:0 with <SOH>1<STX>65; Then AIC your integer value {from N7:1} into ST9:1 ; Then use move isntructions and brute force data table manipluation to load ST9:2 with <ETX> Finally use ACN to combine ST9:0 and ST9:1 into ST9:3 followed by use ACN to combine ST9:3 and ST9:2 into ST9:4. Then write your ST9:4 result out the serial port with AWT.

1. Create ST9 with at least 5 strings 2. Open the string table 3. Double click on ST9:0 (In the following the ^ symbol is the shift-6, not the CTRL button) 4. Type exactly the following ^A1^B65; 5. Press Enter 6. Double click ST9:2 7. Type exactly the following ^C 8. Press Enter Follow BobLfoot's instructions concerning ST9:1 and combining and transmitting. Edited by b_carlton

Thanks. You saved me a bunch of trial and error. Worked like a charm!