Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
justwhy2003

Alarm save file at start up

7 posts in this topic

Hi Ive been configuring my alarms in Citect 7.1. I was ok with some of my alarms showing in run time no problem but now i keep getting the following error: Failed to load the alarm save file. The file 'ALMINDEXSAVE.DAT' was corrupt or invalid Citect could not be started. Why would this be happening if some of my alarms were working until now and my project if compiling fine with no errors. I heard in the past that if you delete the primary alarm server address in the setup wizard, Citect makes a new one auto matically. Ive done this but am still receiving this error. Any ideas... Justin

Found this KB article Summary: Alarm index file corruption can be caused by adding and removing alarms from the project and then starting Citect. The problem is related to the deleted alarm ids being re-used by the newly created alarms. Solution: This problem will be addressed in a future release of CitectSCADA. A workaround is to make sure your ALMINDEXSAVE.DAT and ALMSAVE.DAT are deleted after removing and adding the alarms. Edited by Gambit

Thanks Gambit That has worked, bit of a pain tho :|

Are you for real ? http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=16539&hl=

Sorry i was out on site and was trying got find the answer using my I phone internet with slow signal. It worked out quicker to post the question than to start looking through all my past posts.

Got this problem on an application with citect 7.20. Would it solve the issue to restore the project?