Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dolgion

Crusher plant

5 posts in this topic

Dear all nice to meet you. I am working in minning industry which have a mobile crusher plant. Plant consist of primary crushing unit (jaw crusher), screen unit, secondary crushing unit (cone crusher),screen unit, joint conveyors, stockpile conveyors and electric control system (relays) etc. All the operational control system I would like replace by PLC. Please tell me which programing language is better for that (SFC , Ladder, Function block). Do we have a sample programs. Thank you for help

There is no one language that would be better then another. The systems that I have worked on for crushing glass (primary and secondary) have set startup and shutdown sequences. That type of high level sequenceing lends itself to SFC, but could be written in ladder. I would say use what you are comfortable with. A crusher sytem you talk about is pretty simple to control, but setting up the feed rates and controlling quality is the diffcult part. There is example sequence code on the site or from mitsubishi. Like any programming project, defining the requirements and organizing the sequencing up front will make what every language you use much easier. Also remeber to keep the maintenace people in mind. If they are use to one language over another, that may help in your decision process. Regards, Craig

Craig is exactly correct. The one language that works is the one you are most familiar with, and the one which will be easiest for you to support. I have done 3 stone crushing plants, and I used ladder logic. In most cases the logic was simple interlocks so when conveyor 2 faults, conveyor one and in the input crusher shut down too. Some were more complex, with preconfigured startup and shutdown sequences, and monitoring of current on motors for alarming purposes. One of my main reasons for using ladder (and I did have the ability to mix ladder, SFC, and structured text) was ease of troubleshooting by electricians. That's the whole reason for the existence of ladder logic. The electricians at this site would have no idea how the flowchart or structured text (like C++) version of code should be monitored or troubleshooting it. Take the end audience into account.

Thanks for big recommendation. Now i'm planning to use ladder and with time delay startup and shutdown sequence. I would like some ornaments (conveyer SPD,etc). Could you show me some part of your project's. Thanks for help

A bite late, you probably have plant runnin long ago. The replies are dead on but watch the oil pressure/flow for lubing crushers as running with out would cost megabucks Regards Paul