Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joao Manuel

Similar (KEEP) function OMRON -> M340

8 posts in this topic

I to all. I'm new to Schneider PLC's and i'm stuck with this i used to use the KEEP function on OMRON PLC's and i don't know if there is a similar function on M340. Can anyone help me. Best regards Joao Manuel

I never used Omron. Could you explain what this function does, so I can try to help.....

Olá Henrique, Obrigado pela resposta, nos PLC Omron eu utilizado a função KEEP para efectuar a alternancia por ex. entre 2 grupos de bombas... Neste momento estou a começar a programar automatos Schneider e estou um pouco atrapalhado. Obrigado

I've been asked this question about Mitsubishi and others before. KEEP is like a set/reset, but a reset will reset all of the KEEP bits, not just one. There are ways to write a similar function in code, but there is no KEEP instruction or equivalent I have found in Modicon, Mitsubishi, Idec, or Siemens S7-200.

Joao, Eu realizei uma busca no google e encontrei a seguinte apresentação "Curso Básico: Autómatos Programáveis" do Sr. Joao Mealhas. Nesta apresentação existem as seguintes descrições para as instruções Keep, Set e Reset: " INSTRUÇÃO KEEP(11) A instrução KEEP(11), permite definir um relé como biestável, sendo o seu estado definido por duas condições lógicas; uma de SET e outra de RESET. O relé especificado na instrução ficará activo desde que a condição de SET tenha tomado o valor ON. O relé só desactivará quando existir um valor ON na condição de RESET. INSTRUÇÃO SET E RESET Em alternativa à instrução KEEP(11) que congrega as condições de activação e desactivação de um bit, existem duas instruções que permitem manipular o estado de um bit, em circunstâncias semelhantes. Essas instruções são SET e RESET. " No Unity, você terá que utilizar as instruções SET e RESET, você poderá encontra-lás como SET COIL e RESET COIL. Em Ladder -(S)- para a bobina SET e -®- para a bobina Reset. Espero ter ajudado.

Crossbow, I did a quick research for the keep instruction. I found that it's the same SET / RESET but in only one block with the RESET priority. Joao should use the SET COIL and RESET COIL for his logic, for compatibility with other PLC brands, like Schneider, Rockwell and Siemens and for ease readability/maintenance by other technicians.

Set and Reset are similar, BUT reset of the KEEP resets all bits set with KEEP instructions in program. RESET instructions are for a single bit. Like I said, it can be written with some code, but the function of the commands is not the same.

Hi Henrique and Crossbow, Sorry for just answer to your post, and first of all i would like to thank you for your answer's. During this time i've been studying a like about Modicon M340 and Unity Pro and i just solved the problem with routine in ST, i'm very familiar with C and Delphi so it's very easy to solve the problem. But thank you anyway. Best regards Joao Manuel