Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest michaelangelo

Ramp function in rslogix 500--5/03 processor

6 posts in this topic

I want to use this function for some proportional valves and have no experience using  it. I want to ramp up and ramp down.

I''ve used the RAMP function. It's VERY kewl. I used it to control speed ACCEL and DEACCEL on some MicroMO motors that took a 0-10V signal on the controller to vary speed. I can post my code if you want. Or I can answer your questions. Either way.

I would appreciate if you could post the code, if you have some comments attached. Sounds like something I could adapt to, I am also using 0-10 volt outputs, but I have no feedback from the valves.

I posted the example in the Downloads section. CLICK HERE for CLICK HERE TO GO TO ALLEN BRADLEY DOWNLOADS! I just formatted my laptop to Win2K, and forgot to load my Adobe Acrobat so I could NOT make a PDF. But the RSS file is in the zip file. I have RS Logix version 5.20. Tomorrow, I will install my Acrobat PDF writter software, and then update the zip file that is in the archive by adding a PDF file printout of the RSS file if you can't open the RSS. Post in questions you have about the code in this thread.

I had no problem with the RSS file.But there are a couple of things I could not follow on line 8 the indirect address B9:[N7:15]13 points to where from the m file MVM, if you could elaborate on this. The other question is you assigned an integer file attribute to prox switches that are physical inputs could you explain? I like the way you set up the ramp function on line 45 to see what it is doing, that was a great insight for me.

You wasn't suppose to question all that code. It doesn't have anything to do with the RAMP function. Look at LAD3, I copied and pasted all the code that has to do with the ramp function only. LAD2 is the whole code for that station. The indirect address at rung 8 reads a "LOOKUP" table where I store and set the conditions and status of the pallet that is at station number 6, which is all the code you have right now. I can bring any pallet number into this station, using a lookup table and indirect addressing and tell you what has been done to that pallet. Or you can take the pallet off the system, what to or three pallets go by, and stick the pallet back into the system, it won't make any difference. I use a MASKED MOVE to read all the inputs from the prox binary, and move that into a word I call Station 6 ID. So I masked all the other inputs from that device net card out of the picture, and only read the inputs from the proxes that give me a binary value of the pallet id. Hope that helps. Look like you understand the RAMP function, your original intent. If you have any more questions, please post them here. This logic I copied and pasted this from is a machine I am working on with pallet tracking. I will be done with it in a month or two. When I am done. This is will be excellent example of how to use indirect addressing to track pallets in any order. I'll post the entire program then.