Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rajsiyer

Salvaging InTouch Work

3 posts in this topic

Hi Fellas; Please help me with this problem. Last night when working with Window Maker, the power went kaput!. This morning when I return to work and try to open my work from InTouch I get the following error messages in sequence! The application defies all attempts to be opened. The PC was also when restored to the previous day. Even so, the application does not open! Is it possible to restore the application and salvage the work With Best wishes, I remain Raj S. Iyer Msg2.bmp

Do you have a db dump out of that app? If so, I would try to reload it. I have seen one of those errors before, and reloading the db fixed it. Dont know about the other errors though... If you dont have the db, you could create a new app, dump the db out of it (blank), and load it into the broken one. This will loose all tag and topic settings, but its better than starting from scratch.

You might try using the automatically created wonderware backup files. You might be able to recover to the last save otherwise it doesnt look good. Make sure you backup the current files you have to make sure that if something goes wrong you can go back to where you started. Also, can you perform a dbdump on your files? If so you might fix it with a dbdump and dbload. I dont have WW on this computer so I am working from memory on this one.