Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kcor

CQM1 - CPU45-V1 to CQM1H - CPU51

10 posts in this topic

have machines running in one of our plants that have the omron cqm1-cpu45-v1 plc. technician called and said that he has had a processor go out. has tried to order new one, but has been discountiued according to local omron rep. Told technician to open syswin which is the software they have and change the plc setup to match the cqm1h. Took the program and changed the plc setup to be a cqm1h-cpu51, converted, but when downloaded into cqm1h plc, get errors. Technician said it was a zcp mapping error. Any advice would be appreciated.

ZCP is an expansion instruction. This might of not being mapped correctly in the conversion. See Expansion Function Mapping in the drop down menu... also dip switch 4 needs to be on in the CQM1H plc to allow the use of expansion functions.. Jay Anthony also touched on Expnasion functions in a recent post also....

Here is the actual file that was loaded in the cqm1 plc. Talked to tech on phone, he said that when he downloaded, the nt31 screen connected to serial port would no longer work. Any thoughts. Thanks 825brder.swp

here was the original data mem files 825brder.ddm

What are the comms settings on the screen? Check at the screen..... If they are standard then make sure dip 5 is on. Otherwise you will need to go into the plc setup and change the port settings there... before i look at the program is that the orig cqm1cpu44 prog? This should have the settings for the PLC comms port. Also check in the screen the PT Control and Notify area addresses. Once you know the PT control area for example DM0000 make sure that the PLC does not have a value of 0000 in DM0000 (screen 0000 does not exist !)

I had no problem converting the program from Syswin to CX Programmer and from CQM1-CPU45 to CQM1H-CPU51. I also loaded the DM file and saved it in the CX Programmer project. You will need to download the settings for the RS232 port to be properly setup for NT Link. I suspect that Sleepy Wombat is correct,; be sure to check the condition of DipSwitch 5. But it needs to be OFF. The On position overrides the PLC settings. I am assuming that you did not use the built in analog I/O that the CPU45 supported. If you did you will need a CQM1H-Analog Inner Board. 825brder.cxp

Sorry, I overlooked the fact that you might be using Syswin. Here's the same file for CQM1H-CPU15 in Syswin 3.4 format. 825BRDRH.SWP

Thanks to everyone for your assistance. Will be going to the branch plant tomorrow and will look at the suggestions. I tried converting here at home after converting, this is the file after I converted it. Hopefully tomorrow afternoon, will be able to get the machine back on line. Thanks This site is the tops. Now I wish Omron would come out with a line of industrial pc units. CHRIS_2.swp

Good conversion. You got the model type, the function mapping and the PLC setup. You even got the analog inner board and I missed that one!

thanks to everyone for your advise. Installed program in machine yesterday afternoon, and everything worked. Both the syswin and the cx programmer versions worked.