Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rustysmith52

FXON 24ES programming help

19 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, first time to post. I have acquired a surplus FXON 24 ES plc, made a cable, downloaded GX dev FX. I can talk to the plc with my laptop, but I don't have alot of experience programming. I'm an instrument technician at a chemical plant, so I have some knowledge with all this. I am wanting to control my hot tub with it. I am using switches and relays now. I need to control a pump, blower, and a light. The pump, I turn on with a switch, but I want it to automatically turn off after 30 minutes and then have to restart again with the switch. This way I don't have to worry about it being left on all night. I'll do this for the blower and light(4 hours) also. I also need to time filter cycles,(12 hours on and 12 hours off). The model plc doesn't have a real time clock, but I don't know if this makes any difference. If anyone has any examples of what I'm trying to do that would share them with me I would appreciate it. Later, after I get my feet wet with this, I plan to bring my heater circuit in and add some outdoor lighting to it. I have downloaded some of the manuals from mitsubishi and I'm muddling my way through them. Thanks and have a great day

If you don't want to tie it to times on a clock, then a real time clock isn't important. But if you wanted it to turn on at 8am or off at some time, you'd need a real time clock. Get manual JY992D48301 from the Downloads section here or at www.meau.com. There's plenty of information there on writing timers. www.meau.com also has some online or downloadable training which might help. And you left out part of the part number, though it's not important to the application. Probably FX0S-24MR-ES.

Hi Rusty When you're new to PLCs, check the FX training manual in the download section. It will help you to understand the PLC and how you can accomplish your task. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=...mp;showfile=872 ~whipperSnapper

Thanks for the info, no it doesn't matter what time the pump runs to filter the water just as long as it's around 12 hours on and 12 hours off. The model number is FXON-24MR-ES.

Hello, need some more help with my fxon-24es. I've got my basic inputs and outputs to turn the equipment on and off, but I can't figure out how to do the filter timer. I need the program to turn an output on for 12 hours then off for 12 hours. This needs to be a repeating loop. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Rusty

There are timer examples in the Downloads section here. You would want to combine timers and counters to time for 60 seconds, count those seconds 60 times, then trigger an hour counter. When that counter finishes at 12, set or reset your output.

I downloaded your timer examples but when I open it in access, there is no information there. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? Is it supposed to be opened in another program? Thanks

Why would you open a PLC program in Access? Just kidding, I know there is an MDB file in the directory, and that's default to Access. Actually it's a GX Developer project. Double click on the .GPJ file to open, or open GX Developer and pick Open Project. It's written for Q Series PLC, but the logic will be the same.

I have GX dev 8 FX, the free lite version. It's not wanting to open the file. It says that it's either corrupted or an incompatible version. I tried downloading the examples again and got the same thing. I'll keeping trying to figure this out. I believe that once I figure out some of the timer and counter commands, I'll get there. I don't know where they are on gx dev. Thanks for your help

As I said, that program is written for the Q Series, that's why you cannot open it in the free FX lite version. I will try to convert it some time next week and post another copy for the FX. No time right now...

Thanks so much, I appreciate that. I hope I'm not being a bother.

Its in downloads now. If you can't open it, I can always print it to a PDF.

Gppw.zip Thanks for the file. It opened and I was able to use one of the examples with what I'm doing. Will 12 vdc work through the outputs, thats what I have for interposing relays. Also, I'm having a problem understanding how to program OR statements. The pump is controlled by 3 different inputs, on/off switch, filter timer, and heater going to one output. I'll have more later when I get better at programimg. I have attached a copy of the program so if you get a chance, you could show me one example of an OR statement. Thanks for your help Rusty

What do you mean by an OR statement? And and OR depends on how you write the contacts in the rung. If the contacts are in series, it's an AND. If they are in parallel, it's an OR. FX0N-24ES is not a valid PLC. A processor would be FX0N-24M followed by a letter indicating output type. The E indicates expansion I/O. With the actual part numbers we can tell you what the output ratings are.

It's an FXON-24MR-ES/UL. As far as what I mean about the OR statement, I want to turn a pump on with an on/off switch OR an external filter timer OR a relay from a heater controller.

I built a simple program, load x1 or x2 or x3 and output to y1. Works fine. I try and add of of your one shot timer examples to any one of the inputs then it won't let me convert it. I'll try and make a pdf file of the ladder and maybe you can show me what I'm doing wrong.

I use 1 second clock pulse M8013to test program, You need to use 1 minute clock pulse M8014 in your application 0 ;Push PUMP START, pump and timer start. 0 LD X000 1 OR M0 2 ANI C0 3 OUT M0 4 AND M8013 5 OUT C0 K30 8 ;When timer ON, push PUMP START switch to start another cycle 8 LD C0 9 AND X000 10 RST C0 12 LD M0 13 OUT Y000 14 ;Control for blower and light is similar to pump control 14 LD X001 15 OR M1 16 ANI C1 17 OUT M1 18 AND M8013 19 OUT C1 K240 22 LD C1 23 AND X001 24 RST C1 26 LD M1 27 OUT Y001 28 OUT Y002 29 ;Filter ON control by timer C3 720 count 29 LD M5 30 OUT Y003 31 LDI M6 32 ANI C3 33 OUT M5 34 AND M8013 35 OUT C3 K720 38 ;Filter OFF control by timer C4 720 count 38 LD C3 39 ANI C4 40 OUT M6 41 AND M8013 42 OUT C4 K720 45 ;C3 ON, pulse (one-shot)of M3 to reset OFF timer 45 LD C3 46 PLS M3 48 LD M3 49 RST C4 51 ;C4 ON, pulse (one-shot) of M4 to reset ON timer 51 LD C4 52 PLS M4 54 LD M4 55 RST C3 57 END

Thanks alot for the information. I'll enter this and run it and see how it goes. I'll have to sit and study this for a while to try and understand exactly whats happening when. It's easier for me to understand and learn when I can watch what's happening.