Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CoolBreeze

Mitsubishi comm. timeout

4 posts in this topic

I am trying to communicate to a A851GOT-SWD and I keep getting a timeout. In the GOT I have PC Comm. set to 38400 and I also have the correct GOT picked. I have changed my port settings on my laptop to 38400, 8, none, 1, none, but I keep getting a timeout. I have RSLogix turned off. The version of the GOT is 1.03. Does any one know if I need a straight thru cable or do I need to swap some pins around on the 9 pin connector. Also can I not talk thru the mitsubishi PLC? PLC is a A2S series. The software that I am trying to talk to the HMI s SW3N1W-A8GOTP, ver. 10M. Anyone have any suggestions or a comm. cable pinout? It is either the cable or the settings in my laptop.

Are you using a computer running Windows? Or a USB-Serial adapter? That old DOS software is not friendly to newer PCs. If all you want to do is backup the program, get the free GOT Data Transfer Tool from www.meau.com in the Downloads section. Then you can convert it to a current GOT1000 unit. You cannot connect to a PLC and upload from an operator interface. You can connect to the operator interface and get to the PLC, but not the other way around.

Thank you for the info., but I have a project that I need to alter the A851, so I need an older laptop and put the software on to that?

i was unable to make transfer to and from 800 series HMI from WinXP as this software is meant to work on Win 9x or older platform. I think there is now a separate utility that does just that (transfer only). In my case I happened to have an old Win98 laptop at that time. sorry but i'm not sure about cable (it's been a while).