Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
omaira

CompactLogix

6 posts in this topic

Good morning At present I'm doing communication between Compaclogix 1769-L30 Rockwell and the stardom of Yokogawa via modbus tcp. I owe this information to make the journey through mvi69-Mnet, but I have had problems in creating tables modbus. I would like to send me a sample program for the 1769-L30. Greetings

When you say Tables are you referring to the tables in the modbus config file, were you tell the card what node and address in the node you want to read and write data.

Good evening If I refer specifically to the tables in the modbus config file.

where exactly I mean, to the tables in the modbus config file. Thanks

Hopefully, by your reply I am giving you the info you need. By your response I feel you are talking about the internal config file of the modbus card. There are two config files you will need for the card one is the WATTCP file and the Other is the MNET config file, these files are provided by Prosoft for the card. The WATTCP file tells the card what it's ip, sunet and gatway addresses are. Change then to you network settings, the card needs it's own ip, and does not share the plc's ip. The MNET file contains all the data needed for Comm's with the devices on the network. The section you will need to edit is under [MNET Client 0 Commands]. It should look similar to this: Enab DB Poll Reg Swap Node IP Address Serv Slave Func Address Addr Delay Count Code Port Addr Code In Dev START 1 0 10 25 0 10.9.*.* 502 1 3 62256 Here is a list of the data you will change for a basic setup Enab = Start Command DB Addr = Address the card will place/read data in the PLC, this register is created by the Prosoft PLC Program give to you i.e (Mnet1.ReadData & Mnet1.WriteData) Reg Count = How many registers to read or write to Node IP = The device you want to access IP address Serv Port = The port to use of the device, I do belive the default for Modbus is 502 Slave Addr = The Modbus device address Func Code = the type of Command needed 1 = Read Coil 2 = Read Input Status 3 = Read Holding Registers and so on, these all can be found in the card's manual on page 26 Address In dev = This is the address for the register in the device, a lot of the devices I have seen use Hex numbering for the registers so you will have to convert the Hex to Dec for the Modbus register, i.e 0FFF to 4095. The rest of the options can be found in the manual, but I have not used them very much. These two file have to be transfered to the card through the cfg port on the frount of the card, I use Hyper Terminal to download and upload the config files. The settings and how to do this are in the manual, page 39. I will bring this last bit up just in case you need some help with the PLC Program. Prosoft also gives you a PLC program for the Compact Logix PLC, this comes on a disk with the card or can be downloaded from Prosoft Prosoft Modbus. This has all the LAD you will need to have data read and write from the Modbus card to the plc, it also as I said above makes the registers for the data to be placed in, i.e. Mnet1.ReadData, and Mnet1.WriteData. If this the first time useing the Card, I would tell you to open the Prosoft PLC Program and use it as you base, then add all harware you need and update firmware as needed keeping in mind not changing the original software only adding to it.

Thanks very much. The manual that came with the card was incomplete, so I talked about the parameters of the same such as: Duplex/Speed Code 0, 1, 2, 3 or 4 This parameter allows you to force the module to use a specific duplex and speed setting. Value = 1: Half duplex, 10 MB speed Value = 2: Full duplex, 10 MB speed Value = 3: Half duplex, 100 MB speed Value = 4: Full duplex, 100 MB speed Value = 0: Auto negotiate. Auto Negotiate is the default value for backward compatibility. This feature is not implemented in older software revisions. These parameters are set in the agenda of the card not from the RSLogix 500. In fact, the card brings a Progrma example which is designed for a CompactLogix L35E and I confiurando card for a CompactLogix L30.This would not be problem, but I have the revision PLC different from the revision of the example of the card and I do not have the switch from RSLogix 5000 to update the firmware.