Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Michael Thomas Wolf

Rslogix500

2 posts in this topic

A good friend gave me a complete copy of RSLogix500 before there company went under. I installed it and worked fine, then upgraded the machine so I reinstalled but, the original disk was gone by then but I made a copy, however I then learnt that it's linked to that original disk serial number, which I don't have and have no idea what to do. Does anybody have any ideas on how to get it to work. I don't even need the full functions just to look at some programming so does anyone know how to get a demo version. Thanks Micahel

The software is copy protected. If you have the original disk you can run the software by placing the disk in drive A: The serial number for the software will be on the original box. You can try contacting Rockwell Tech Support, but they will most likely want the serial number and who the product is registered to. Here is a little note on the copy protection from RSLogix help file. How Copy Protection works: When you install the software, the setup program asks you to insert the Master Disk for the product you are installing. The Master Disk has two main functions; it carries the activation file for the software, and it provides you with a key disk in case the activation file is damaged. You can copy your Rockwell Software product to multiple computers, but it will only run if the system can find the activation file for that package. During the setup process, the setup program moves the activation file from the Master Disk to the root directory of the drive on which you're installing the software. Leave this file where it is! Removing it, renaming it, or doing anything else to it can render your software inoperative. Any time you want to use your software on a different computer, you must move the activation file to a floppy disk and either use that disk to activate the software or move the activation from the floppy to the new computer's hard disk. Caution You must use the move utility, EvMove, to move activation files. Attempts to copy, move or e-mail an activation file by other means will damage the file. Reset Activation: Resetting activation is required when you have lost authorization to run your Rockwell Software product because the activation file is damaged (hard drive crash, file corruption on the hard drive, etc.). In this case, read and familiarize yourself with the procedures below, locate the Master Disk for your software, then contact Rockwell Software Technical Support .  In an emergency, use your Master Disk to activate the software. Caution If you do not have the Master Disk for your software, we will not be able to reset your activation.  Always store the Master Disk for your software in a safe place. Always contact Rockwell Software Technical Support when resetting an activation file.  Entering incorrect reset codes could render your Master Disk unusable.