Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chris_85

Setting an IP address for Micrologix 1100

5 posts in this topic

Hello, I am trying to connect the Micrologix 1100 PLC to an OPC server (MatrikonOPC- 30 days trial version). I have RSLinx Classic Lite version and I am trying to assign an IP address to the ML1100. Do I need a higher version of RSLinx to achieve this? If the Lite version is enough for assigning, could anyone lead me to a tutorial showing how to assign one or tell me how to do it myself? Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Appendix "F" starting at page 219 of the following manual will walk you through everything http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/i...um001_-en-p.pdf. The Rockwell BootP?DHCP Server Utility comes on the RSlinx CD and I think can be downloaded from the AB site as well. If you don't have RSlogix500 to permanently set the IP address for the 1100, I'd use the BootP Server and go that route for testing.

The first time around, you have to set the IP address in the program via the serial port (unless it is set up for BOOTP and you go that route). You don't set the IP address through RS-Linx. That is done normally through RS Logix 500.

You're welcome Chris and Welcome to mrplc.com!