Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SvKo

Sysmac C60P built in Panasert PCB Loader Problem

11 posts in this topic

Hi all, I am working in electronic production industry. We have through the hole auto insertion production line Panasonic (Panasert) with three machines. One of these machines is RH2 (8223) for components with radial leads. The machine has PCBs loader and unloader. The machine didn't work 1 and half year. Now when I started the machine again loader is not working, it switching on but doesn't accept any command. The loader has OMRON Sysmac C60P Programmable Controller and when I opened it I found backup battery in very bad condition. It is not just empty, it was leaking and completely faulty. I replaced the battery but the loader still not working. C60P Controller's indicator ALARM is on. At Controller's box I found warning instruction how the battery can't be disconnected more than 1 hour or the program will be lost. In this case the battery was faulty and empty for long time. Does it mean how Controller lost program and it is reason why ALARM indicator is on and the loader is not working? I already goggled and found operation manual for this controller and some others details. I also downloaded Syswin 3.4 software and few schematics diagram for interface cable. I am new in this area but I have experience with flashing and reflashing micro controllers, EPROM in some different area. So most of things with PC connections, COM1, interface cables, using different programming software I already know and I think I can reprogram this controller. But I am not enough skilled to write program for this loader even I have instruction how to program C60P. If I start to learn it will take too long time but I need loader as soon as possible. 1. Can somebody supply me with already prepared program for this Panasert loader (66R00361)? 2. Is the Syswin 3.4 right software to do this programming? 3. Inside C60P I found two connectors - one is 48 pins and another one 26 pins. The schematics diagrams what I found on Net have DB9 connector on one side and DB25 connector on another side. What is right schematics diagram for interface cable for C60P because inside C60P doesn't exist DB25 connector? Any help, suggestion and advice will be appreciated. Best regards Svko

Hi SvKo. Some old machines you have down there You must find a HOST-LINK adapter LK201, it fits on the connector in the CPU Check out this thread for more information http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=8438 Regards Morten

Hi Again. BTW, the alarm indicator is only for non fatal failures. the cpu will continue operating. But in your case with dead battery, the program might be lost Regards Morten

Hi SvKo Can you attach a photo of the control panel with the C60P? I installed a new PLC in PCB loading machine but cant remember the make / model? Sounds like you have a new foot stool for under your desk..

Dear Sparky, Thanks for your reply and help. I stuck in really bad position. I need the loader to run the machine and production properly, the fault is very simple – just the controller lost program – but I can see to repair it is not easy. I am in Zimbabwe – Africa, I don’t have any possibility to repair it – only myself. Panasonic doesn’t have any support from where I can get help. I have few contacts in Malaysia and China, people who are repairing and maintenance these machines. I contacted them but it looks how they are not at enough level to help me. They do not understand what I am talking about, they mix program what I need with the components’ insertion program. Maybe they didn’t have this fault before. I am electronics engineer but all these about PLCs is something what I didn’t work before, now I need to learn. For that I need time but I need the machine to run production urgent. Here are the photos. Any help will be great.

Hi SvKo Do you have the Unloader machine installed in your production line? If you do, you need a copy of SYSWIN 4.3 and the HOST-LINK adapter LK201 and cable as MortenAA described. Upload the program and memory from the Unloader and download to the Loader.. There are a few differences between the machines, one stacks down the other stacks up.. And maybe different conveyors to suit.. If you dont have the Unloader you will need a CPM2A-60CDR-A PLC to replace the C60P a copy of CX Programmer and a cable.. You will need to rearrange the hardwired I/O to suit the new addressing of the CPM2A PLC I had a similar problem at one of my clients production lines with the same machine, the battery leaked all through the internals of the PLC. Power gets turned off and waalaaa, no program.... Thats what happens when you mount the PLC vertically... See attached program for an Unloader. Best of luck, Donovan Unloader_V3.cxp Edited by Donovanr

Hi Donovan, Meny thanks for your reply and advises. Yes I was thinking in same way about possibility to copy program from unloader's C60P. I have unloader and fortunately backup battery in this part is in good condition, unloader is working very well. I already put the CPU board from unloader's C60P in loader's C60P and it confirmed how all are OK. Now I am sure how other parts inside C60P are OK. But just how you said loader and unloader functions are different. How you said one stacks down the other stacks up. Also loader has one more cylinder - what unloader doesn't have - pusher what push PCBs from magazine on the machine's conveyor. It is possible edit unloader's program and adapt it to loader's functions but for me it will be very hard job because how I already said I am new in this field of electronic. I will need to learn hard if I want to solve this problem. Of course the easiest way is to get original program for loader. Somebody must have it, I just need to find right person what also is not easy. But even I prepare this program I will have trouble with downloading program to C60P because after more detailed researching I can see how I don't have all equipment. I was thinking how I need just interface cable (few schematics diagrams I found on Net and I can built it), PC, software and program. Now I can see how I need HOST- LINK adapter also. I already have experience with similar programming, of course more simple. I was making interfaces for serial eeprom programming (PonyProg Programmer) and some other programmers (Sim card and SMART card programming). I know these interfaces are usually very simple, based on well known MAX232 IC. Is this HOST-LINK something similar or...? Many thanks and best regards SvKo

The Hostlink will be very hard to find. I check on ebay everyday and haven't seen one posted in the last three months. One thing you might think about is looking for a 3G2A6-PRO13 or PRO15 Programming Console. They seem to be prevalent on ebay. These units will allow you to record the program on standard cassettes and play them back into other Omron PLCs that support the long peripheral interface port on the face of the CPU. 3G2A5_PRO13_E_Programming_Console__Cassette_Operations.pdf

Hi Svko I have a backup SYSWIN file of the loader program See attached program, I cant guarantee it is exactly what you require.. Do have any local Omron support? Donovan LOADER.zip

Thanks Donovan, I am in Zimbabwe, Africa. Here doesn't exist any OMRON represantive and If I don't repair this loader myself nobody can do it. Thanks for file- backup program, but for now I can't do anything because I don't have Host Link. You told how it is not easy to find Host Link at market so I don't know what to do. I still thinking about possibility how to make it. If you have it can you open it and tell me what is inside - is it complicated or maybe simple, just interface? It is funy, I need it for few minutes or seconds only, just to upload the program. Thanks for great help. Best regards from Africa SvKo

I dont have one myself, i borrowed it at the time The part number your after is a 3G2C7–LK201–EV1, Good luck with trying to manufacture one.. Im sure there would be a few people out there who would purchase one if they we re-manufactured..