Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
asterof

Dropped Communication Randomly

2 posts in this topic

140CPU547 NOS 771 Ethernet Modules -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have two 140CPU547 processors running different programs located a few hundred feet apart. Monitoring the Ethernet line yields a random communication failure of both NOS 711 Ethernet modules at the same time. They stop communicating then reset and pick back up about the same time. Other Ethernet modules on the same network show no problems. Anyone have any history with something like this Thanks

What card is it exactly? Have you taken a look at the system words that relate to ethernet comms? %SW139 Global data and I/O scanner load %SW160 to 167 Device operating status determined by I/O scanning %SW168 to 171 Operating status of global data? What programming software do you have? Unity has a bandwith monitor that could help. Does the cable look ok? Does it vibrate or get moved anywhere? If its plugged into a managed switch, does the error log of the switch show anything (Cisco equipment may blink the port yellow too)? Was it working before and then suddenly started doing this?