Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobLfoot

Applause for my Sweetheart - as of today she has survived 21 years with me

11 posts in this topic

And that is no small task when you married a red haired hot tempered Scot.

what red hair? i see long white... congrats

Happy Anniversary, Bob ! Good work holding on to a woman who understands, or at least tolerates, your affection for logic controllers.

Panic - I wasn't always a "White Wizard" and thanks

Thank you Ken - and tolerates is right, she just wishes I wasn't so good that I'm always in demand.

Congratulations!

congratulations Bob ... I'm at 18 ecstatically happy years so far ... a smart woman realizes that when the grumpy old bear comes home after work, that he's not really grumpy with her – he's actually just grumpy with the rest of the world ... the not-quite-so-smart women think that any sign of grumpiness is an open invitation to fight – before, during, and after supper ... my personal opinion is that most marital problems revolve around poor timing ... you just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time ... for example: I can leave work and take the interstate and be home in about six minutes ... that's six minutes of dodging along at 65-80 mph with the rest of the rats in the race ... or ... (quite often) up to an hour of bumper-to-bumper gridlock when one of the other rats has a fender-bender ... so ... I take the old-fashioned way home - at a nice relaxing 45 mph ... four-lane road – parallel to the interstate – almost zero traffic ... it takes about ten minutes instead of six – but I'm in a LOT more pleasant mood when I walk in ready for my "welcome home" hug ... once again, congratulations Bob ... and thanks for the encouraging update ...

Congratulations Bob, You give insight into the reason for having achieved such a milestone by the way you phrase your posts. You're willing to acknowledge that despite being .My lovely bride has put up with my foibles for 37 years. Our honeymoon was the same weekend as the Watergate break-in and we can't account for our whereabots. We're Just a couple of unindicted co-conspirators. My telling and retelling that story is one of the foibles she's put up with for all those years.

End of August marks 16 years together for wife and I, married for 11 on 8/1... And she hasn't killed me yet...

Great advice! Side roads beat the freeway almost any day. Belated Congrats Bob