Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frank.raymond

AWT and ARL

8 posts in this topic

I am in dire need of some sample code for using the AWT and ARL instructions on ch0 on a SLC504. I have tried and tried and have not been successful However I have been successful using AWA however not the AWT. Just simple code where I can echo back via pins 2 & 3. From this I will expand the rest of my code... Thanks in advance. BTW... I have searched the forum and was not successful in finding very simple code. Even if someone can direct me to a manual that would be helpful... Desperate as you can tell...

I am trying to use just a two line program for the AWT. I have a self zeroing timer that is triggering the AWT instruction. I am using R6:0 for control and ST9:0 for the string word with 0 as the length. I never see the done bit turn on. I checked my ch0 settings for user. I have a breakout box connected and I never see the RS232 light on the processor blink. Help Please!

Frank It will help if you give a few details about what you want to accomplish. Posting your program may shed some light on it as well.

I am attempting to send a "T" to a barcode scanner. For educational purposes I was thinking that I could constantly toggle the AWT instruction

You have to have some lenght in the String Lenght 0 will not send any data out.

I have a 1 for the length. I also tried using 0 as I was under the impression this would send the entire ST9:0 word. I currently has a T in ST9:0. I will attempt to send a program listing.

Verify your handshaking settings for the port. It sounds like they aren't being met so nothing is sent.

can you post the complete .RSS file? ... that would help ... if you can do that (soon), then I'll probably have time today to duplicate your setup in the lab and post the results before I go home ... also - how are you checking the transmission? ... I've always found HyperTerminal (or something similar) to be the best way to check ... specifically, I personally don't hook up the scanner/printer/reader/etc. until I can confirm that the transmission is working with HyperTerminal ...