Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
forqnc

RS500 to Micrologix 1000

3 posts in this topic

Hi all, I am looking for help trying to communicate with a Micologix 1000. I have RS500 ver 7.10 and RSlinx Lite ver 2.5. A little background, when I started with the company we where using the AB DOS version. When I finally got some support to push for buying RS500, we had switched over to Automation Direct. So my use of RS500 has been limited when working on the older systems. the vast majority of our controllers are SLC502, I am able to communicate with them OK using our PIC interface. Now one of our sister plants sent me the Micrologix 1000, it has a flashing Fault light, I am thinking it has lost it's memory. I bought an AB 1761-CBL-PM02 cable but I am having trouble trying to communicate. I do not know if it is the Fault causing it or my settings with RS500 and RS linx lite. I have tried the DF1 Master and Slave setting, also tried the RS232 DF1 setting. I have a dedicated Seriel port, with nothing else communicating, and the PLC is a week 12 1996 product so falls out of the recalls from 2005 that faulted. If anyone can point me to literature for a step by step setup within RS500 or Linx I would be greatly appreciative

quick tips: try using the RS232/DF1 driver ... open the configuration for that driver and press the "autoconfigure" button ... note that (usually) the only setting that this technique will NOT configure is the number of the COM port ... you might have to try different setting there to match your computer's hardware ... note that there's a good chance that there is no existing program inside the processor ... if that's the case, the software should tell you that ... then you'll just write a new program and DOWNLOAD it to the processor ... post again if you need help with that ... good luck ...

Thanks Ron, the Autocofigure worked for me. I guess not being sure what I was doing I was tripping myself up with wrong combinations. The program was still intact, the Fault was S:6=0h internal hardware failure. It cleared and now shows a fault of S:6=5h Retentitive data is lost when I try to go into run. I am assuming that this is Data that is entered from a HMI, so I am going to send it back and let the sister plant try it. Agains Thanks for pointing me in the right direction