Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thebhoy11

s7200 communication

7 posts in this topic

I have 2 s7224's at remote locations and I have to use churchill microlinks to transmitt to communicate to 1 s7226 on another part of the site which would probably make it the master and leave the 2 s7224's as slaves. I am not very familiar with siemens and want some advice on how I use my modbus protocol in my program and link it with a dcd file from the churchill. Any help would be great!

What's a DCD file? Never heard of it, not sure what the PLC would do with it.

So that file is for the radio, the PLC would not be able to use it for anything. If you intend to use the PLC's Modbus capability, it has to be communicating to a Modbus device. I would assume the Churchill device to be more or less transparent to the PLC, like the wireless devices I have used in the past. I've used Data-Linc wireless serial and wireless Ethernet modems with PLCs before, and all they do is provide a communication link. The PLC still works as if it was direct wired. You're simply changing the communication media once it leaves the PLC.

Yes this is correct but I dont know how to use the modbus or what programming instructions to use though on the master side or slave side. Are there any programming examples available

There is an add-on library available with the Modbus commands. And they are covered in the programming manual. I personally have never used them.

Using S7 Ppi ActiveX. Cheap and easy. http://www.fultek.com.tr/S7PpiActiveXEn.html