Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
graemeian

PC Keyboard OPerations

6 posts in this topic

I am using CX-One with a CH200HS. My project has a single button that I use for Diagnostics. However, I would like to quickly use more buttons. Is there a way to use the PC keyboard as input buttons while the PLC is in operation and I am in Monitor mode? Thank you in advance.

Use Switchbox Utility - Start/OMRON/CX-One/Switchbox Utility

I am trying Switchbox and I cannot get the software to monitor an address. Is there a help manual? Also, I cannot use CX Programmer at the same time. DO I need a separate PC or a PC with multiple serial ports? Thanks. Doug

Why can you not use CX-Programmer? This would be the easiest way, and use a watch window, then you can monitor as much as you want...

Can I use assigned key(s) to mimic inputs to the PLC using CX-Programmer? For example, I have a timer sub for a heater and I would like to change the set value on a timer. I can do this with two switches using an algorithm to slowly increment the value. I would like to do this dynamically while in operation in a bench test using the keyboard.

Re: Switchbox: Have you set the communication parameters to the same settings (i.e., baud rate,port,protocol, etc.) Other Omron gurus: Can this be done at the same time?