tommu56

C200H-CPU01 to cxproagamer / syswinn

15 posts in this topic

Obviously it's an older plc I keep getting error in cx programer import "Destination file "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\omron\press\press1009\palletizer\D16135P.cxt" Interrogating file... Syswin file converter does not support PLC type C20H Conversion aborted." Besides this error I can't connect at all to the C200H CPU01 Ihave a c200h-cpu01 that I need to make some changes to and I haven’t been able to connect to it I went back to sys win 3.4 and tried using the cqm1-cif02 and couldn’t connect (cable worked with a c200he cpu32 to cxone and syswin3.4 I tried the 3G2A6-LK201E to a cable 25 – 9 pin and couldn’t connect any baud rate or other setting. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Tom

Hi, Cable CQM1-CIF02 is toolbus, not SYSMAC WAY. It should even have a label warning not to connect to C200H-CPUxx. I believe the cable you need is C200H-CNxxx-EU, 9pin female to 9pin male or you can make a cable found in the Omron FAQ section of this site. "Syswin file converter does not support PLC type C20H" C20H is quite different than C200H. I do not think a C200H program will require import to CXP, However I have not worked with them. Edited by EasyButton

Thanks for the reply I tried file open to directory and file D16135P.SWP is how I get the error it try's to convert it but has an error it is as I said c200hcpu01 not a c20~~ The plugs on the front of the c200h has the same connector as c200he and the long connector for the host link adapter no 9 pin that I can see or noticed. I did just look at the cqm1 and noticed it does say on the back NOT for c200h cpuxx cxxh c500-ap003 or 3g2a5-ap003 Could I have damaged the com port by plugging in the cqm1-cifo2 to the port that it would physically fit in to? Can I put a lk201 rs232 in rack and hook up to it to work on the program? tom

It seems the C200H-CPU01 can only be programmed with the handheld console. Maybe CXP can be used after a comm card addition like you said, but you will not be able to add the card to the confic. without the console. I suspect the file you have is for the programming console and not CXP. Also, the CQM cable would have worked for the C200HE and I doubt it is damaged. I attached a copy of C200H manual. M11W111E1100406.pdf

The 3G2A6-LK201 Hostlink will work fine with the C200H-CPU01. However, the dip switches can be tricky to setup. Here's a technote to help you out. Be sure to set CXP for SYSWAY, 9600,E.7,2 Network0, Node 0. 3G2A6-LK201 and RS232 comm with LSS (and SCADA) @ MrPLC.com If you need your D16135P.SWP file converted, just zip it and post it here. There are plenty of users who can do it for you.

Thanks for the offer Jay here is the zipped file maybe it will behave for you. tom D16135P.zip

The .swp file that was attached was in fact a CxxH, not a C200H. The error message that you were getting was correct. It was a C20H program. Just in case you wanted it anyway, I went ahead and converted it from a CxxH to a C200H in Syswin and then imported it into CX-Programmer. I have attached the file below. D16135P_C200H.cxp

thanks I didn't think of trying to open it in sys win as a C20H tom

If I import a syswin file and import the data files in to cx programmer does cx programmer save it as one complete package? tom

The data files are imported through the Memory Componet of CX Programmer. After you load the Syswin Data files, you have the option of saving them individually or saving them in the project. If you use the Save in Project option, they will become part of the .cxp project file. BTW: Thank you, Mr. Walsh, for the Syswin to CXP conversion. I must have missed the post June 30.

Thanks again guys I was looking in options to save it in program file but it is in memory file area to chose to save it in program tom

On 6/29/2009 at 2:57 PM, EasyButton said:

It seems the C200H-CPU01 can only be programmed with the handheld console. Maybe CXP can be used after a comm card addition like you said, but you will not be able to add the card to the confic. without the console. I suspect the file you have is for the programming console and not CXP. Also, the CQM cable would have worked for the C200HE and I doubt it is damaged. I attached a copy of C200H manual. M11W111E1100406.pdf

Hello Can your confirm the imformation please? I don´t have the handheld console and I need to go online to a PLC C200H CPU01. Do you know if I can go online with CX Programmer?

You can definitely go online with a C200H and CX-Programmer.  You need to have an LK201 RS232 serial module though.  There are two types:  the card type that plugs into the backplane like any other module, or the facemount type that plugs onto the front of the CPU01.  

On 9/16/2020 at 9:08 AM, Michael Walsh said:

You can definitely go online with a C200H and CX-Programmer.  You need to have an LK201 RS232 serial module though.  There are two types:  the card type that plugs into the backplane like any other module, or the facemount type that plugs onto the front of the CPU01.  

Thanks Michael, so I made a mistake because I wanted to go online by pluging the Cable (USB-Cif02) into the habdheld´s conector. Also I think it´s going to be difficult to find the LK201 here in Mexico. And If I use the LK201, do I need a seria port in my PC or cand I use a USB to RS232? Best regards, Eder.

15 hours ago, Elgc said:

USB-Cif02

This cable will not work with the C200H-CPU01. It will only work with C200HG, ..HS, ..HX, etc... You must obtain an LK201 as Michael has suggested.

15 hours ago, Elgc said:

do I need a seria port in my PC or cand I use a USB to RS232?

Most USB to RS232C converters will work just fine.

Edited by IO_Rack