Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BenJones

Mitsubish FX3u - GX IEC developer.

38 posts in this topic

Ahh... I forgot that on the night i uploaded it this site would not allow the upload of .pcd files or even a .zip file, so i had to package it up using WinRAR, so the file extension is .rar. Go to the web and download a copy of WinRAR and unpack the file. Then you find .pcd project. Sorry about that, as i said at the time it was getting late when i was doing it...

Ah no it's not that ! I've already unzipped it with WinRar. Its definately the FX ANALOG SCALING PROJECT.PCD file I'm trying to upload.

it gets to 65 % of the restore and then asks me to insert diskette 2. I don't think the whole of the file is there, Ben

Got it ! YES ! I just installed IEC dev. 7.03 on another pc and was able to load it into that. For some reason it worked ok ! Right, I'l give this a crack ! Thanks a lot for wishing me luck too (I'l need it), will let you know how it goes ben

If you don't need the REAL numbers in the PLC (you only wan't it for the display), why not just scale it in the display (take a look at the picture)? You don't need any PLC code, just adjust the gain (0.1 divides the value by 10, 0.01 divides by 100 and so on), and you can select the proper number of decimals.... Just test it in E-Designer with the simulator and you'll see it right away....

Ha ! Yes done it ! Kaare that was easy, why didn't you tell me that 6 days ago ? thanks very much !!!!!!

Awesome Kaare ! That is just too easy. Wish you'd have told me that 6 days ago In less than a minute I've just scaled all my analogues. Thanks everyone for your help, Ben

No problem By the way, next time, if you explain exactly what you want to do and what equipment you are using right away (like in this case, where you only wanted to display decimal numbers), we might be able to give you the "easy way" at once and save you some time and frustration..... Best of luck!

Good to see you're up and running. As kaare_t pointed out if we knew you had a screen a few days ago you would have been up and running a few days ago. You pretty much need to list all the hardware and software you're using. Once i knew you had the screen i had the same thoughts as kaare_t but you may have missed it at the bottom of the post. I'm still interested to see if you can get the project i posted running. I had some nasty experiences with IEC Dev v7.03 and went back v7.01 pretty quickly. It was compiling my projects differently to v7.01 and creating errors on compile that were never occuring in v7.00 and 7.01 so i dumped it. I never got a chance to find out why, but if i get time i'll reinstall it and take a look. All the best - Pocko Edited by POCKO

Hi POCKO! I downloaded and opened your FBs without any problems, did not have any problems! I've also opened it it IEC 7.03, put all the compiler parameters to default (so that the project compiles as 7.03 code), and it compiles without problems!Just to let you know

Hi Any one please tell me how to insert this intscale function block i didnot find it in my FB.and also tell me how to assign Input address of analog input module.

Hi How to UNSCALE value for output in GC IEC developer?

ahsan1820, this topic has been inactive for nearly 4 years. If you have similar questions, create new topics, do not simply repost on a 4 year old topic. You said nothing about which PLC or which analog module. Without that information, how can we help you?