Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MotherPuncher

PLC for cold environment?

7 posts in this topic

Hey all, I'm looking for any PLC that can operate at -40 degrees. The application requires very few inputs/outputs (one analog in, one digital out), but needs a display of some sort. If it comes down to it, I can use some -40 rated 7 segment displays, but I would much rather have something more versatile. So far I've only found one controller that can handle the application (SCADAPack), but I need some more to compare it to. Thanks in advance!

What's wrong with a simple panel heater? If you have relays you'd want one anyways so that the contacts don't stick on you when they get condensation & ice inside them. It's pretty much standard issue in starters used in Northern climates.

may not need heater, Siemens Logo can do that temp range (check specs or talk to dealer) and it has optional small HMI.

Did everyone here know that -40F=-40C? Hum....

Yeah, it's the only point on the two scales that is the same. :-P

find a plc with some lloyds certificate like wago they go down cold. do not use lcd display but old fashioned led that will go down. if only one reading one display if more two displays one with the code and one with value.

It's nice to come to a place where everyone else is a nerd too (cue Cheers music)