PMCR

[PLC Sample Code] - Easy to use Modbus RTU Master for CP1L CP1H CJ1 CJ2 CS1

6 posts in this topic

File Name: Easy to use Modbus RTU Master for CP1L CP1H CJ1 CJ2 CS1 File Submitter: PMCR File Submitted: 18 Jun 2009 File Updated: 19 Sep 2012 File Category: PLC Sample Code This application is a ready to use Modbus RTU master for CP1L, CP1H, CJ1, CJ2, and CS1. The user creates 'tables' of items to read and write. The ladder code automatically performs the communications as setup by the user. The CJ1 / CJ2 / CS1 solution requires the use of a Protocol Macro on an SCU31 / SCU41 module, and the CP1L / CP1H function uses the Serial Gateway function of the CP1H / CP1L on a CP1W-CIF11 or CIF12. Sample NS screens are provided with an Omron 3G3JX inverter as an example Modbus RTU slave. Updated 1/7/2011 to include 3G3MX2 screen for NS, and to include CJ1W-SCU22,32,42 in documentation. Updated 9/19/2012 to support 2 ports on an SCU card (CS, CJ1, CJ2) or 2 ports on a CP1L / CP1H. Click here to download this file
3 people like this

Hi, I'm looking at using your Easy to use Modbus program, as I have no expireience with MODBUS whatsoever! Do i need to incluse the sections of code in your *.CXP file in my project, or does the macro handle that? There is no mention of it in the instructions file. I've entered my perameters into the Excel file & generated the ladder for the perameters i require to read, which is extreamly handy as having to write that lot for 50 different perameters could get tediouse! I cant actualy try it out yet as the modbus module hant arrived, and then i need to wait for a suitable shutdown. Any pointers you might have greatly appreciated. Cheers Rob.

Hello and Happy new year,

I am new to the omron modbus world and am looking for some direction.

I have a CP1L-EM with two CIF12 serial ports. I need to read and write to 3-5 devices on 1 serial port and be able to have another master/plant modbus read and write to the other serial port. the omron plc will be controlling the 3-5 devices and the plant plc will be reading and making changes. It looks like ill be able to read and write the to the devices easly enough. just wondering how I tell the plant plc what modbus registers to read from the secondary port, and how i can assign those ports.

CLay

I am unable to understand the code how can i use this code for Omron CP1L to connect with Yaskawa V1000 vfd via RS485. i am new user of omron. how can i communicate code you please help me to send simple code. i have to start stop and give frequency to vfd. right now i am getting error code 0004H which is disable of serialgateway at the time of A641.00 is unable. could you please share a simple code. i have to communicate multiplt vfd with it 

Hello,

I have Three CP1H PLC with Cj1w scu31-v1. I need to send a Modbus command SCU unit through Modbus RTU compatible power meter. I use instruction TXDU and CMND but it's not working.

My PLC Arrangement

CP1H PLC  - CP1H-X40DT1-D    ver. 1.3

Option Board 1 mounted Cp1w-CI41   to NB HMI its work

Option Board 2 Mounted CP1W-CIF12-V1 to PLC 1, PLC 2 and PLC 3 between communication Serial gateway mode it is work.

CJ1W SCU31-V1  (ver.1.3) and Modbus compatible Power meter it's not working. Please help to how to connected and what is the use of instructions for this case. 

Prasad.