Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Steven Milward

BCD to Integer

9 posts in this topic

Hi Everybody I need to convert a BCD number to an integer to display on a SCADA package. I have looked all through the C200HS manual for a command but no joy can anybody help Steve

Integer? As far as I know, this is just a type of data. Maybe you just need to convert the data in binary first. Try to use BIN(23) or BINL(58) for double BCD to Binary.

Ok I have a calculation in BCD and the answer needs to be displayed on the SCADA the package we are using cannot accept a BCD number so therefore I have to convert it to something else I cant use HEX either. Hmmmm Steve

How about registering Steven. Must be a lousy SCADA package. Have never used one that cannot read BCD. Definately try using the BIN function. Do not know why you cannot read hex. For all intents and purposes hax and binary are really one and the same. Please let me know what the SCADA package is and I will make sure I never use it.

Let me explain a bit further. The SCADA is RSView32 by Rockwell and another company has the contract to make SCADA changes for my company. We however do all the PLC work but the engineer is off ill long term so it has fell on my shoulders and I am pretty new to PLCs. I telephoned the company to explain what I had done and they said they could not accept BCD I had to give them a number. Are they correct ? please help Steve

RSView32 uses OPC when communicating to Omron. What OPC server are you using for Omron?

We are using omron cx opc server if this helps Steve

Guest_Steven Milward: Please register at MrPLC.com and join the MRPLC.com community Register at MrPLC.com This is an issue of semantics. If you want the value that appears in your register to appear as the same in RSView32, just define the data type as unsigned BCD integer with your OPC point setup and RSView will see it the same as the PLC sees it. No need to do a BIN or BCD conversion in the PLC.

Ok cheers for that in that case I will get in touch with the contractor who looks after the SCADA package as the OPC server is their responsability too. cheers Steve P.S. Now registered