Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ferroresonance

RSview connecting to ML1400

7 posts in this topic

Micro Logix To RSview -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Equipment And Software rundown MicroLogix 1400 IP 131.107.2.8 SN 255.255.255.0 RS Linx 2.54 Classic Lite RS View 7.0 RS Logix 500 8.10.00 Yes i can see the PLC in Linx Greetings all Im having a bit of problem in getting a simple momentry button to write to a bit address B3:3/0 in the ML 1400 from RS view I am wondering if i have set this up correctly. In RS view Channel Setup i have set the No 1 channel up As TCP/IP with Comms driver AB_ETHIP its primary Then I set the node up as Direct Driver. Then configured the node as Name Micrologix_1400 Comms 1 - tcpip Station 131.107.2.8 Type SLC5 enhanced The RSview Tag is CLK_Sync and it has been setup as such Type: Device Node name:Micrologix_1400 Address B3:3/0 But i keep getting this error message every time i press the button om RS view "Channel 1 ERROR (131.107.2.8) The comms driver has not been configured" I dont need to set Topics up do I? Pls help

Is this for a Panelview Plus or a PC? If Panelview, did you setup the IP and SN for the Panelview? You must set this on the Panelview, not through RSView. Path to PLC processor must defined within RSLinx Enterprise which resides within RSView.

This is for a PC and yes the PC is on the same subnet as the PLC. So RS Linx classic lite is not usuable for this only RS linx Enterprse? So are all my tag configuration and addressing correct?

I am going to assume RSView32. RSLinx Lite will not work with RSView32 but you should be fine if you can use RS Linx Classic Pro. Hope this Helps

ITS ALIVE ITS ALIVE Ive Installed RS Linx Classic Gateway and Its now functioning Thanks Bob (ironically i also posted this question on PLCtalk.net and got the same answer within 10mins of yours after waiting allnight for a reply)

Thanks for letting us know that you got it going.