Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr JJ

Slc500 Fault

14 posts in this topic

Is there anyway of resetting a fault of a SLC5/03 without using the pc and going into the processor? Can you add lines to the software. and does it matter if its a major or minor fault. Someone pulled a I/O card out of the rack and trunnned on the system forgetting to push the card back in. Thank you in advance for all your help John

Are you removing the card to replace it or are you removing it because you don't need it?

Yes, try setting S:1/8 "Fault Override at Powerup" (and save the program to EEPROM if one exists...) Then you can clear faults with a power cycle. Paul

They pulled the card out to check the wiring (for vwalidation reasons) and just didn't push it all the way back in. And then forgot about it and turn the system back on. And nobody there has a PC with RSlogix on it. So i just wanted to know if there was any way of resetting it with out a PC. With out changing S:1/8 to 1 , I assume there isnt , so I guess I''l have to take a ride and do it .... reset the fault and set S:1/8 to 1 so it doesnt happened again. Thanks for your help john

I am prob going to learn something on this but can't they plug the card in and cycle the power?

Your no fun at all. Edited by Mickey

When they pulled the card and then turned the power back on, it fault becuase the card wasnt in all the way and i dont have S:1.8 set to 1. so the only wat i can reset the falut is with a PC/RSlogix500 and then i will set bit S:1/8. John

Before Bob O says it. Why not plug the card in all the way? And cycle power again. Or am I missing something here?

They did plug it in all the way, but the fault light is still on. And yes they did recycle power a few times. Sorry for the mis-spelling before. John

Unless told to forget (S:1/8 "Fault Override at Powerup") the SLC remembers the fault even through a power down. Much like a significant other bringing up something over and over again long after the fact. A PLC is easier to deal with.

From the SLC Manual (1747-um011_-en-p): Clearing SLC 5/03, SLC 5/04, and SLC 5/05 Processor Faults Using the Keyswitch Toggle the keyswitch from RUN to PROG and then back to RUN; this will clear some faults. If the keyswitch is left in the RUN position, the processor mode cannot be changed from a programmer/operator interface device. If you return the keyswitch to the REM position, you can then use a programmer/operator interface device to change the processor mode. ATTENTION If you clear a processor fault using the keyswitch, the processor immediately enters the Run mode.

I knew I would learn something. Thank you.

I m working on Allen Bradley SLC500 , I am facing a problem with it. When i switch ON the pannel,PLC starts & functions properly later when I OFF it shut down . But after  few minutes again if I start the Pannel it won't start . What is the problem behind it?? Plz answer 

Edited by Ganesh SH