Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WKla

FX3U error led blinking

20 posts in this topic

I have a Mitsubishi FX3U with FX2N-16EX and FX2N-8EX-ES modules that was programmed to control a wood-hadeling machine. At some point in time the PLC stopped working, the RUN led turned off and the ERROR led is blinking. I tried to copy(read) the program from the PLC with GX IEC Developer v7.0, v7.03 and GX Developer 8.78, but all of them are crashing. Once the download progress bar reaches 100% the application crashes recording. The Windows fatal error message is: "mmp.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" The following message in System's Event Log: "Faulting application mmp.exe, version 7.3.0.0, faulting module eccodegeneratorfx2.dll, version 10.50.0.0, fault address 0x0002b85f." When reading only the PLC Parameters everything goes well. Reading the program causes GX Developer to crash. In my first attempt there was another error message stating that the data cannot be read because it is corrupted. Did anyone else encountered such problems? Do you have any idea if this is a hardware or software problem? Please advice. Edited by WKla

Never had this problem. But If you have the project i would try clearing the PLC(Online =>PLC Clear=> ALL) first and then write the project again.

If Gambit's suggestion didn't help, have you un-installed/installed any MELSOFT software lately? I can also see that you've used both GX IEC 7.0, 7.03 and GX Dev. 8.78.... In which order did you install the programs? I've experienced some software problems, especially when installing version "backwards" (e.g. First install 7.03 then install 7.0).... Edit: Have you tried to disconnect both extension units and then power up the PLC? Maybe you have a problem with one of them, or a faulty bus-cable.... Edited by kaare_t

I've had a similar problem one time when the PLC was flashing a program error light. Every time I tried to download the program to see what the problem was it would crash Medoc (I haven't had this problem with GX Developer yet). Ended up being a corrupted PLC program memory, I loaded the program back into the CPU and then it was fine. If you have a copy of the program you may want to try that.

Thank you all for replying and please find below some more detail on my problem. 1. Gambit I suspect the same cause. My problem is that I do not have a copy of the program and every time I try to copy it from the PLC (no matter the version of GX dev) it crashes at the end. Is there another application that can read the program from FX3U PLCs that is not so sensitive to such problems? At least to give some detailed information about the error. Thank you. Edited by WKla

Try to use debug to read out the error codes in the PLC (Debug->System errors and PLC Diagnostics). If you have problems with your "faulty" project try to create a new, empty project and use debug. I still think that your error messages indicates that there's something wrong with the installation, maybe the latest MELSOFT installation corrupted some files or maybe an Antivirus or Antispyware have corrupted some files. The dll with error (eccodegeneratorfx2.dll) is connected to the MELSOFT Easysocket, which in turn is shared by all versions of GX IEC and also GX Dev. A "serious" problem with easysocket components could actually "knock out" all versions of GX IEC and GX Dev. You could upload/send me your project, and I will try to download it to a FX3U.... At least then we'll know if the problem is the project itself or your software/windows installation(s).

I run the Diagnostics->PLC Diagnostics and below are the results: 1. Attached image 2. PLC error Help Error code list[Error code *090] Applicable Machine FX series PLC ================================================================================ ===== Error code(D8449) *090 Error messages SPECIAL BLOCK ERROR Step Number of error D8069 LED status(RUN) ON LED status(PROG.E) OFF PLC ACT STATUS RUN Diagnosis timing Always Error contents and causes Peripheral equipment access error. The unit number 0 to 7 of the special function unit/block error is put in *. Managing method Check the cable connection between the programming panel (PP) / programming device and the PLC. Check for the correct connection of extension cables.

Do you also have a printout of the "System Errors", and also a printout of the instruction(s) which fails? When using "System Errors" you'll also get the step-number where the instruction(s) fail by using the "Show" button....

This is the output of the System Errors. Just to make sure that I described the problem clearly: I don't have the program on my PC. What I'm trying to do is upload the program from PLC to my PC. I am trying copy the program from the PLC because I suspect that there is an error in the program.

I've seen this before! The error 6401 was caused by a bug in GX IEC 7.00. The problem was a parameter setting under PLC Parameter. If you have a project which is below 32000steps, and the parameter setting for memory was set to 64000steps, the PLC would go into an error state with the error code 6401. This bug was fixed in 7.01+ (7.03 is OK). There is a possibility that the project was once downloaded with these parameters..... I would upload the project with GX IEC 7.03 and save it to your hard-drive. Then I would clear the PLC (Online->PLC Clear->All), recompile the project in GX IEC 7.03 and then transfer the program to the PLC again....

Hello kaare_t, first of all, thank you very much for taking the time to assist me with my problem. Based on your suggestions I did the following. Using GX IEC Developper 7.03: - changed the "Memory Capacity" from 64000 to 32000 - begin reading the program from the PLC and for the first time the GX did not crash at the end. - however I received a message saying that the program was wrote with a non-IEC version of GX Dev. With "32000" value set for "Memory capacity" I tried to read the program, again, using GX Developer 8.78 but it still crashes.

I'm not really sure why GX Dev. chrashes, but since you could upload the project into GX IEC you now have the project on your computer - right? Does the project compile in GX IEC? Because if you can compile the project in GX IEC, then you could erase the PLC memory, download the "new" compiled program with GX IEC - and then I'm pretty sure that it would work (won't guarantee it ). However, I would guess that you would like to use GX Dev. to edit/download the project since you can use ladder instead of IL? Have you tried to upload a project from any other PLC using GX Dev. at this time? Just to ensure that this is not a GX Dev. problem? In any case; if you upload/send me the uploaded GX IEC project (probably IL), I can download it to a PLC at work and then upload the project with GX Dev. and send you the project. In addition, then we would know if the project actually works when downloaded to a PLC.... If you would like this, please do it ASAP since I'm leaving for a weekend in about 1.5 hours!

Hello, The project does not compile in GX IEC Dev. It gives 9 errors and 3 warnings. I am sure that the GX IEC itself is not the problem as it is used frequently for reading/writing PLCs. Also when I managed to read the program using GX IEC Dev it gave me a message that the program was written with a non-IEC version. When using the GX Dev (non-IEC) I was not able to read the PLC. Actually I do not need to edit the program. I am only trying to read and then write it back again in the attempt to fix the blinking error led. This PLC used to work well untill suddenly it eneterd this error state and I am not able to read its program. Can this be a case of corrupted program? Is this even possible? Please find attached the zip file with the project created by GX IEX Dev 7.03 (Project->Transfer->Upload from PLC) Thank you very much. plcv02.zip

Some nasty (and strange) errors in the project..... Not really sure how to fix that project in an easy way (and in addition make sure that it work as it should....) I'm still not sure if it will help by using GX Dev., but it shouldn't crash! Since GX IEC generates errors, then it would have been nice to try an upload with GX Dev. Did you install GX IEC 7.03 after you installed GX Dev 8.78? Also: Have you tried to power-off the PLC, set it to "STOP", power-up the PLC (still error?) and then upload the project to GX IEC and see if it's the same?? I'll have to leave soon, going away for the weekend, but the best of luck!

I'll keep looking to it maybe something comes out. Thank you very much and I wish a very nice weekend.

There is a problem with your description of the LED's status and the fault diagnosis of the plc LED status The error says special blocks - but you only have extention inputs.............. or do you have other blocks plugged in ....... or was there other blocks plugged in?

Yes, that's the whole issue regarding this error; there's a bug in the software and not in the PLC itself which causes this ErrorCode/LED and combination of CPU and non-special blocks. It's a bit "confusing", but I have seen this exact problem before it's the PLC code itself which is corrupted when compiled/downloaded.WKla; did you solve your problem? I'm not sure if I have any more suggestions, but we could give it another try if you've still got issues!

Ah, this one surfaced again - so I downloaded the project to have a look. I too got all the compile errors, so tried to debug it a little. First place I looked was the parameters and although on checking them (and pressing 'check' button) there was no errors - when pressing 'end', there was a warning that variables and latch settings overlapped. I changed the latch settings on 32 bit counters to 200 to 201 and now it compiles without any errors. It's probably too late - but ya never know :) :)

That's great Goody!! Not sure if it's too late for WKla, but did you manage to compile the project without errors? Which software did you use? Sorry to be asking, it's just that I didn't get it to compile at all so I was just wondering if maybe I did something very wrong..... Would you mind sharing your great work Goody, if it's OK with WKla? I'm just wondering what I did wrong.....

Good day sirs i have problem with the fx3u also the plc. The error is light up on at times but when i checked on plc diagnostic on GX works 2 there where no error listed. Pls help thank you