Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr JJ

RSLogix500 "Key"

10 posts in this topic

I have my RSLogix500 access key on a 31/2" disk, my PC died so now they gave me a pc without a 31/2" disk drive, Can i transfer this key without any problems onto a USB drive or onto my new PC hard drive without any issues? I'm nervous of trying to move it for fear i'll ruin it, so any help or insight would help. Thank you in advance for any help you guys have provided.. John

We bought an inexpensive USB to 3 1/2" drive. That worked nicely.

Thank you, I did think of that. I just thought it woulde easier if I just had to carry a flash drive versus a floppey drive. Than again I can alway tranfer it onto the PC and leave the floppy at home. Thank you for your help John

I think you can share a networked 3-1/2 inch drive also.

See link below. http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...amp;p_topview=1

You can request a free upgrade from Rockwell for an FTA-style key. You give them the old key disk serial number and then they ship you a piece of paper. Once you've got an FTA key, everything can be done online. The license file is locked onto a hardware serial number. There are 3 choices for this: a NIC (network) card, the hard drive serial number, or a special USB dongle that AB sells. The nice part about the dongle is that you can install Logix 500 on as many machines as you want and just move the physical dongle from one machine to another to move the license. Even without the dongle, if you need to move the license to a different machine or recover it, Rockwell made the procedure fairly painless. If you upgrade to a concurrent license, then you can load the licenses onto a server and share them out across your network, or even "borrow" a license (temporarily load it onto a laptop). I made this jump when I upgraded all the licenses at my former employer and it was hands down much more stable and nice than the master disk method. You might as well do the upgrade pain now because when CPR 10 comes out, master disk keys are supposed to be done and the next version will not support them. Edited by paulengr

EVMOVE USB version should work too: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=...mp;showfile=490 Install your USB thumb drive into the computer FIRST, then run EVMOVE USB. You can then move your key to a USB THUMB drive.

Hi You can use Emove program which is available in MrPlc - download programs from AB section. First insert your flobby in USB plugged external Flobby drive. Use Emove to move the files to USB stick. Later remove the flobby drive and use the same Emove program to transfer the license to your laptop. I did in the same way and it works fine. Thanks for Emove programmer. bye. Kannan

I used to keep using the EMOVE with usb drives until I had an issue with it, and then got the dongle and have had zero problems. The dongle is really convenient. I am surprised you haven't had problems with the 3.5 disk, those things seemed to go bad even if you stored them AND their drive in a vacuum sealed bag!

Download file directly to your USB Flash, next connect the flash and 3.5 to PC. Extract EVMOVECF.ZIP and chose current location of keys (which should be A: or B:) to whatever drive your USB is using (eg. E: F:, G: etc) and move them to destination (which would be your USB Flash Drive). Very simple. Wish you luck! http://www.software.rockwell.com/support/d...ail.cfm?ID=3428 Edited by Christopher Barker