Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PdL

Need help with Citect super genie

13 posts in this topic

The "dotted" graphics usually mean there is no communications with your IO device. This has nothing to do with the super genies. You can check IO device communications in the kernel (alt+tab in runtime > Kernel > IO device)

The "dotted" graphics usually mean there is no communications with your IO device. This has nothing to do with the super genies. You can check IO device communications in the kernel (alt+tab in runtime > Kernel > IO device)

Ok the #A S S means the tags are not associated correctly. I will have to look up some examples of my own to see what is going wrong.

ok,thanks can you give me some project that have faceplate like that i used?

Try changing your ?DIGITAL 1? and ?DIGITAL 2? to ?STRING 1? and ?STRING 2?

Dear all, i could solve the problem, in second picture we must use PFPFunc() like this: PFPFunc("%StartTag%",""%LRTag%") and I had forgotten quotation marks (""). I also have another problem with passing an string to super genie. I used ?DIGITAL 1?,?DIGITAL 2?,?3?,?STRING 4?. all of them works fine but STRING. the #booty error occurs here for string too. can anybody help me??? Pioneer

It all depends on what your variable tag datatype is set to. Post a screenshot of the variable tag editor.

Why do you have "TAG" in front of the tag names comming from the genie? Maybe this is what's causing your problems Try AssVarTags(-2,0,STSP,LR);

as i described before, i have problem with passing an string to super genie. what procedure do you use for it? thanks.

It really would be easier if you post your project.... looking at the Cicode snippet, Fredrix is right. You should remove TAG. Now AssVarTags when called will look for the tag names TAGSTARTPUMP_2 and TAGLRPUMP_2, and I asume you tag names are just STARTPUMP_2 and LRPUMP_2. Secondly, you call the function with this command PFFunc("%StartTag%","%LRTag%"). You should also use the same substitution names in your Cicode. So the 2nd line in your Cicode should be PFPFunc(STRING StartTag, STRING LRTag). When you have got this working, alternatively you could use the following Cicode: FUNCTION PFPFunct(STRING PumpNr) AssVarTags(-2,0, "STARTPUMP_"+PumpNr , "LRPUMP_"+PumpNr) ..... END In your Genie object Up command window you would enter: PFPFunc("%PumpNr%") This way you only have 1 entry in your genie, the pump number (2 in your example). That's all. The variable tag names can stay the same. Now in your Super Genie !PUMPFP, you call your tags with the reference lines ?DIGITAL 1?, asuming the variable tag types are set to DIGITAL this should be ok.

ok, thanks for your reply. I did as you described, all things is ok. now I want to show pump tag in my faceplate(super genie) like this PUMP 1,PUMP 2,... or its service like as Sea Water, Condensated Water, ... I defined this tags as string in variable tags database.and in facepalte (super genie) I inserted text and it displays =?string 3? . but it doesn't show anything! what is going wrong? regards.

In that case you would be looking at using the PageSetStr (use in your Cicode to pass a string value to a page) and PageGetStr (use in your page text object to get a string value) functions.