Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NovalutionGSi

a Quick Question.

15 posts in this topic

Hi guys. i need a little bit of advice. i normally program Omron and also the FX series of Mitsubishi PLCs. we have recently had a customer come to us asking for us to make some changes to a A1SH CPU PLC, what i need to know is what software i need to be able to talk to this PLC? I have GX-Developer (ver 7 - most probably well out of date!) is this PLC support on this Software? If not what software is required?

Ok, thats fine, but for a start i dont have the PLC with me at present but i've been told there is a program on a disc. on looking at it i have 2 E-designer programs and i have 5 little program icons with File extension as follows; .HDR, .NAM, .PRG, .PRM and .PRT but no GPJ or GPS files for me to use in GX-dev. do i need to import and convert??

The E-designer promram is for an H.M.I and the other files are for Medoc programming. You can import the Medoc program into G X Developer. Rodney

Cheers Rodney, could you point me in the right direction for the importing as i've looked and can only import FXGP (WIN or DOS) files and none of the files i've stated above fall into those. I do have an old copy of Medoc which i've tried but as its dos based it doesnt like the fact that we have a server and i cant access it through Medoc!

You should be importing with "Import from Melsec Medoc File format" That should import the Medoc program. Rodney

hummm..... Looks like my GX-Dev doesnt support Medoc software for some reason as the import options i have are for FXGP (WIN and DOS) GPPQ and GPPA Files.

I *think* its a choice on initial install of the software, rerun the install, you should see it there

have just done that and now have that option but it is Grey'd out so still cant use it.

You have to start a new project and then you will be able to select that option. You can't select it if you don't have a new project open.

Yep just found that one out as well! only issue i have now is that my GX only has the FX range of PLCs and when trying to convert it throws up an Error that of course the CPUs dont match, if i say to convert from a FX0 (lowest plc on my GX-DEV) to the A1SH it then crashes. is there any downloads i need to add or updates to gain the full range of PLCs?

You probably don't have GX Developer but GX Developer FX (which only programs FX plcs).

That now makes more sense.... i have a very old version of Gpp, which has helped to import, but i then have an upgrade which is FX only! this makes no sense.... why have just the FX range, why not have the whole Mitsi PLC family on there!

$$$ so someone who only uses FX will not have to pay full price. i don't know for sure but i've heard that the GX Dev FX is 1/3 or 1/4 of the price of the full version.

In a word, price. Edit: Panic posted 10 seconds before me : Edited by Goody