Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Eric Byrd

Code import on CV-500

6 posts in this topic

I need to upload code from a machine that has an Omron CV-500 PLC in it. I can connect with CX-programmer ver 2.0 and upload the code. This code contains 60% NOP's, some invalid statements and what looks like valid rungs of code. I have tried using several older versions of Omron software(Syswin, Sysmac, CVSS, LSS) with no success. I am not sure if this is password protected or I just have not hit on the correct way to upload it. When I try to convert it using the file conversion utility that comes with CX-programmer, it tells me it cannot conver SFC+Ladder. When I use the CVSS 'UM to SFC/Ladder' utility, I get an error loading the file. Does anyone have any ideas how I may uncorrupt the data or is there another version I should be using?

yep, i just face up this problem, i have hundre over machine using this type of plc. anyone can help!!! Thanks

Guest_Eric Byrd: Please register at MrPLC.com and join the MRPLC.com community Register at MrPLC.com Please post your code from CX-Programmer and Syswin and we will try to take a look. BTW, what was your success with CVSS? Did you manage to save any files?

Here are the cx programmer files. Also I have include an autoexec.obj and autoexec.std file. These are from a memory card that the program is being loaded into the PLC from. With CVSS I was trying to import the file from the autoexec.obj file and kept getting errors concerning file format. I could not connect to the PLC using it. Eric cv_500_files.zip

Hmm, this is kind of funny, the first two programs have nop and then program number 14 has code in it??? Speaking from my experience... the only time i have seen a nop code was when there was a power surge and the code was somehow erased from the mem card and the card went bad. Have they had a power outage/surge latley?? ~Andrew

I have uploaded from 3 different memory cards and they all have nop's at the beginning and garbage in different sections of the code. When trying to upload it through Sysmac CPT version 1.12, it errors out saying that the program contains non-ladder code. I am guessing this is SFC code. Either way I have no way of seperating it out from the ladder. Eric