Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JayA

Omron

11 posts in this topic

How about setting up an Omron Forum?  I would be glad to contribute.  I'm hunting up some sample Omron Code from several of the Omron packages to upload. What else do you need?   Been reading plc.net and found your link. :D

Jay! I will be glad to do it for you. Would you like to moderate it also?  :D

Which omron plc code are you looking for, I work with C2000H both simplex and duplex and CQM plc's. Is there any specific examples you after or just anything ?

Hi Chris!   It's not often that you run into someone who even knows what a C2000H duplex is, much less programs one.  What programming package are you using?  How come redundant PLCs (just curious)?  Any block style (If THEN ELSE) programming examples for C1000H or C2000H? Are you using the CQM1H series as well as CQM?  If you've got any pulse output examples, they might be useful in the PLC code area.  Let me know what you can offer for our forum. :D

The C2000H simplex and Duplex are standard units within some of the water authorities that I do subcontract work for. The first C2000H system I did was about 9 years ago using the old LSS dos based programming software. The newer installations both for the C2000H and toe CQM have been using the syswin software. It's a strange market in the UK with alot of the work we are involved in being modifications to existing systems where you can trip over a whole host of varying PLC system, all of which technically are outdated but for the applications they are being used for are quite  upto the job. Ill have a dig through my software library and see what I can post to the software library.

You guys seem pretty smart, I have a question is it possible to networ an omron c2200hx63 to an Allen Bradley PLC5 via Ethernet if so how can I do it? where do I got the correct protocol. my email is chines@eceportfolio.com or www.eceportfolio.com for contact info thanks...

Thats not an Omron PLC that I know, but i'm sure anything is possible ! It's not good manners just to post and ask for replies to your email account as the whole point of a forum is that we can all learn from each other, or am I missing something ?

Your absolutely correct, Chris, so here's the info for the whole forum: Clarence is probably referring to a C200HX-CPU63 PLC CPU.  There is an ethernet connection for this PLC and it is known as  C200HW-PCS01.  It requires a PCMCIA ethernet card for the interface and does provide for TCP/IP socket service through ladder commands.  The manual can be found at http://oeiweb.omron.com/oei/

Hey guys.. inyeresting thing about that C2000H duplex unit is that it only has one power supply :)  Doesn't help you too much if it fails..  Oh well..  Looks like they fixed that with a new cpu.. :p

If ethernet capability is what you are looking for then you should really step up to a CS1 or CJ1 PLC.  Both of these Omron PLC's have the ability to Talk "Ethernet" or "DeviceNet" to other PLC's i.e Allen Bradely.  

Here is a link to the new CJ1-H Plcs http://oeiwcsnts1.omron.com/pdfcata....Element