Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

panel view question

3 posts in this topic

I have an application using a pv 600 and a slc 5/03 the pv is on an RIO scanner instead of through the front dh 485 port. I have a line that runs a right hand and left hand part. There are about 25 different parameters for each side. Both parts use the same transducers. I want to setup files for the rh side and lh side so that when i change over with the selector switch it automatically loads the values in my limit test for a oneshot. say you are setup on the rh side and the test parameter is at n7:0 say my rh storage for the parameter is n7:10 and my lh storage is n7:20. If I switch to left n7:20 will load in n7:0, switch back to right n7:10 will load. N7:0 is the write tag for my numeric data entry on my PV. The problem I am having is I can only get n7:0 to change with the screen I can't write a value to it in the program is stays on what was typed into screen last. If I disable the rung that has the BTR for that file I can go to the data table and change n7:0 to whatever I want but as soon as the rung is reenabled n7:0 goes right back to the last value typed in it. This keeps me from being able to let the values automatically load from the files to n7:0

You may have another run, that you aren't aware of, that may be writing the data over again. Do a search for n7:0 and look at all the places its being used. Another possiblity is the n7:0 word may be indirectly addressed.

This is yet another reason I do not like the RIO panelviews. The BTR is overwriting the data. With a DH+ or DH-485 Panelview, the data is only sent on the press of the "enter" button, not continuously. As far as I know, there is no simple solution.