LeDude

PC to FX3-ENET Communication

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I need your help. I am using a python script so send stuff to my FX3-ENET, which triggers a RS232l command to communicate with a robot. The connection is working: the ENET sends back the "E000", and my PLC program also sends back what it received. Let's say the python script sends eight words "6000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000". So everytime Bit 7 is triggered, the PLC/ FX3u-ENET sends back what it received. My problem is, that sometimes I see error C022 and C023. The manual mentions Open Connection and all that stuff, but isn't that actually for 2 FX3-ENETs communication with each other? How would you solve or include this in a Python script/ program? In the attachment you find my communication part and the FX3u-ENET config. maybe you'll see something and correct it? Thanks a lot 220509.zip Edited by LeDude

he ledude, you should really spend some time on commenting. this is not something i'd want to look at... about the errors: they are not C022 and C023 (they are C022h and C023h) C022h says there was no response (within specified time). either your python code is slow to respond or ENET timer setting is too short. C023h complains about attempts to use ethernet (read or write) when connection is not open. again this should be handled, use interlock to disable any communication attempts unless you are certain that card is initialized and connection port is open.

ok i did check it a bit more. i would check if the U0\G1607 is 5 before setting U0\G1615.

Yes, you are right regarding the commenting and stuff. Will be added, as soon I know how to get rid of these errors. I cheked the manual as you did, but I don't get what this means. But your timer comment and the "U0\G1607 is 5 before setting U0\G1615." might help. The 5 in U0\G1607 means, it is ready, right? I used that before, but it didn't help. I will check your suggestions ASAP. Which Ethernet timer do you mean in particular? There about 10? :D Thanks, appreciate your help. Edited by LeDude

I would think it's BFM#9 (response monitor). I just checked the programming example and there are things obviously missing in your program: - Init Complete (M300 - you read it from BFM but never use) - Connection Open (example shows U0\G1602 which is connection#1, you are using connection#6 so it should be G1607).

panic mode, True, in the full program it has been corrected. Anyways, I adjusted the timings in the ENET, which seems to work fine now. Occasionally the errors still show up, but I guess they are caused by the overhead (Opening & closing connections several times in a short time). Panic Mode, I appreciate your help. Thank you! I also took the time to comment the programm ;)

you are welcome

Hi, I see that are passed quite a few years, but I still don't find much help on this topic and I need help to connect a PLC FX3U to a Raspberry using python. Can you help me? Thanks