Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sa747sp

PV Plus Maintained PB Reset

7 posts in this topic

Is there a way to reset all maintained Push Buttons on a power off. I do not want anything to restart automatically on power resume. Ideally to reset all the PB's would be perfect. Many thanks

Reset them with a first scan in the PLC.

Can you tell me how to do this as I am new to this PLC Thanks

You need to tell us what PLC you are using, and locate the addresses of all of the pushbuttons you want to clear. If its a SLC: XIC S:1/15 OTU [button_bit_address] repeat as necessary. Paul

Just to add - in case you are using control logix/compact logix XIC S:FS OTU [button_Tag] ________

Thanks The PLC is Compact Logix L32E Are you just saying I send a unlatch instruction on startup? Do you have any sample code for sending a batch instruction from the 1769 ASCII card. All I want to do is send a quantity command from each ASCII port. Please note I am not a PLC expert, just trying to get the plant to run as I want it to. Many thanks

Download the tutorial on the Point I/O ASCII card from this web site. And download the manuals. On an L32E, the S:FS status bit is set on first scan (first time after power up or return from program mode). You can of course also create a power-up routine instead if you prefer that approach. You may also want to download Hugh Jackman's book on PLC's in general and read it cover-to-cover. You may also definitely want to consider contacting Ron Beaufort and taking one of his PLC classes. They are not cheap but very worthwhile (www.ronbeaufort.com).