Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jamesc

CP1L USB drivers for Vista Business

4 posts in this topic

Hello, Im having problems with CX-One v7.3 on vista business 32-bit Ive just started running the CP1L series of plc's and when i connect the plc to my laptop via the USB cable it asks for a driver file to be installed. Usually i would install the driver file from the drivers or USB folder in the CX-Server folder but the provided USB drivers will not install on vista and i get an error message saying they are not valid 32-bit drivers. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there a work around? I have contacted Omron and their tech support guys locally have no idea, they had not heard of such and issue but were unable to test the problems as they don't have vista on a system in the office to test it.

I am not running Vista, but we have many customers who are running Vista with CX One version 3.0x. Vista 32 bit was not officially supported until CX One version 3.0x. For CX One version 3.0 On your CX One CDs or DVD, you should be able to find /drivers/USB/Vista/PLC_NS This is not in the CX Server directory on the CDs / DVD, but in a folder called drivers on the root of one of the CDs or DVD. I have also included the files below... I don't know how they will work with CX Programmer 7.xx. Vista32bitPLCDriver.zip Edited by PMCR

That is rather strange as I am running CP1L PLCs with Vista all the time and had absolutrely no problem with the install and have no problems running the software (CX-P) or connecting with the PLCs. I am running CX-One V3 with all updates installed. The drivers can be found at c:\Program Files\Omron\CX-One\CX-Server\USB\Win2000_XP I believe. By the way I only run Vista Business and understand there can be quite a few issues with Vista Home for lots of devices. Also turn off UAC. Edited by BobB

Ok problem has been solved the drivers that were posted here worked. Turns out our CX-One version is only 2.12 no-ones wanted to upgrade to 3.0 yet. The CX-Programmer has updated itself to 7.3 with supports the CP1L via usb but the drivers provided just arn't vista compatible. Atleast everything is working for now.