Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PLC_NEWBIE

Using SENS in Concept FBD

7 posts in this topic

Hi All, This may be a simple question however it has had me stumped for days. I am trying to copy some logic from a Modsoft program into an FBD block on a Quantum. I cannot find the SENS block anywhere in Concept (unless I create the section as 984 LL which we don't want to do). Am I doing something wrong ? Is SENS available in FBD ? As an alternative I have thought about trying to write my own SENS in a DFB however have no idea how to do this. Does anyone have some FBD code that would do this or something similar that I can learn from ? Thanks Geoff

the instruction SENS is available only for 984LL language. SENS is used to "sensing" a bit in a table of bits. It means that is used simply to read a status "0" or "1" of a certain bit. The output of the middle node reports the status of the bit 1 or 0. Often SENS was used just for reading a bit of a register (same as NOBT and NCBT). So now it's very easy for you to translate in FBD language!!! Read the attachment that explain the SENS instruction from: 840USE10100 Ver. 3.1 - Modicon Ladder Logic Block Library User Guide Vol 1 SENS.pdf

Hi aggattapauer, Thank you for the reply. Whilst I understand what the SENS instruction does, my experience with FBD is extremely limited so unfortunately it is not simple for me to convert to FBD. Can you give me an example of how to do this in FBD please. Thanks Geoff

ok, just send me the original sample in Modsoft, the line you want translate

Geoff, The SENS 984LL function is not implemented in FBD because there is already a standard IEC function block that takes a WORD input and expands it to 16 BOOL outputs. I couldn't find the manual I wanted online, but the instruction is probably WORD_TO_BOOL or something similar. Look for data type conversion instructions in the index. Mike

Thanks aggattapauer, Here is the original logic..... -----+-----+- 402200 | |-------( )- 401700 003199 |SENS| #00006 Just to confirm... 402200 gives the bit number in the table of 6 registers starting at 401700. The status of the requested bit is written to 003199. ie. If 402200 - 32 the the status of the 16th bit in 401701 is written to 003199. I appreciate your help. Geoff