Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sse

Need help with CX-Simulator

4 posts in this topic

Hi everybody. Does anybody use CX-Simulator to connect to other external modelling software? My intention is to connect CX-Simulation with MATLAB / Simulink

Hiya, "Connect" in what way? If you mean to read and write runtime values to log/analyse then I know you can connect to the running CX-Simulator with CX-Supervisor or CX-Server Lite. If MATLAB / Simulink are ActiveX containers or .NET compatible then you should be able to use the CX-Server Lite Communication Control to connect to the CX-Simulator "node". Any virtual PLC address can then be read/written. The instructions for CX-Server Lite are exactly the same as those mentioned in this myOMRON article. Hope that helps Regards, Bertie.

Bear in mind that not all instructions work with CX-Simulator. Last time I checked, the PID instruction did not work. This may prove an issue if you are wanting to use something like MATLAB?

The aim is to create the analog of PLCSIM Blockset, the very useful software I use myself for couple of years in industrial automation. It connects from Simulink to SIEMENS virtual PLC (S7-PLCSIM) via an ActiveX. Actually, I have no experience in CX-one software yet If somebody's interested in result, please keep the topic live